Lobamba Travel Answers

change location
schmechi's Profile Photo

Swazi cultural village

by schmechi Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I'll stay in South Africa next year and I'll visit Kruger national park and will use Nelspruit-airport. Due to its neighborhood to Swaziland I'm tempted to visit the country too. Do you think visiting the Swazi cultural village is a good idea? Is it possible to visit the village within only one day arriving from Nelspruit and going back to Nelspruit again? How far is the distance and how are the streets?

sntc.org.sz/cultural/mantvil... offers a program for the village. Are there also othe possibilities (which do not last a whole day?).

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • fengi's Profile Photo

Re: Swazi cultural village

by fengi Online Now Jul 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hi Schmechi,

You ask, if it's a good idea to go there... well, I only know the Shangan village in Hazyview, and this is a very touristic place. So, if you like it, then... But Swaziland ist definately nice !

But if you go there from Nelspruit, it's more than a daytrip. I did it a couple of times to Mbabane and back to Nelspruit, but I spent the whole day in the car driving, driving, driving...
    If I go to Swaziland, I prefer the road via Barberton to Josefsdal/Bulembu. It's not the fastest, but definately the nicest road. In Bulembu there is a nice backpacker ( Bulembu Lodge ), cheap and very friendly, and worth to stay a night. Anyway, in my eyes, the area between Barberton ( Songimvelo ) and PiggsPeak ist the nicest part of Swaziland - rocky, solitude, no tourism...

fengi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines