change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MsLena's Profile Photo

Car Rental in Albania and Montenegro

Republic of Montenegro Jan 11, 2015 at 12:21 AM

I am planning a road trip to Montenegro and Albania (with a possibly detour to Macedonia) in august with my daughter. The plan is to fly in to Dubrovnik and home from Corfu. We will stay close to the coast in both countries for sun and swinnimg, but also plan to visit Ohrid, Berat and Gjirokaster

I do not drive myself, and my daughter is 23 years old and have had her driver’s license for less than one year.

1. We would like to rent a car in Kotor, Montenegro and return it in Saranda, Albania, before entering the ferry to Corfu. Can anyone recommend a car rental company which will allow us to take the car to all countries mentioned above, and where the driver is allowed to have had the license for less than a year?
      2. I have had no luck in finding Saranda as a drop off point for the car searching several big car rental companies. Should I search for another city in southern Albania instead?
      3. Another option, less preferably, is to rent one car in Kotor and drop it the same place, and go by bus to Tirana and rent a new car there. But I have only found car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Sixt) which demand the driver to have had the license for more than a year. Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Kotor who allows the driver to have had the license for less than a year?
      4. Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Tirana who allows the driver to have had the license for less than a year and where we can drop the car near Saranda? And preferably one who allows us to take the car to Macedonia.

We have not yet booked the flight tickets, so going home from Tirana can be an option if so makes the car rental situation easier.

Since the questions regard both Albania and Montenegro I am posting the same post in both forums.

Thanks from Lena

more
    • bus services from Podgorica airport to city centre

Podgorica Dec 31, 2014 at 6:04 AM

I have read somewhere that there is a bus service from the airport to TRG republike in Podgorica city centre,I would be grateful if someone could verify this.

more