change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus connection from N.Gorica to Ljubljana 1.05

Mestna Obcina Nova Gorica Yesterday

Hello,

Are there any bus connections between Nova Gorica and Ljubljana on 1.05.?
      Are there any connections to Venice/Mestre or Udine on that day from Nova Gorica.

Anna

more
    • From BLED (or LJUBLJANA) -To UMAG (Croatia) by Train /or Bus then From UMAG to VENICE

Bled Apr 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi, We need the following information please : (For Travel on the 14/05/2014)
      Journey 1) :To Depart from LJUBLJANA (Bus /or Train) - To UMAG (Croatia )

Departure Time : Anytime Between 08:00 - 11:00 A.M

Journey 2) : To Depart from UMAG (Bus /or Train )-To VENICE (Italy )or Marco Polo A/P

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 - To 19:00 PM

Journey 3) To Depart from UMAG (Croatia) By Bus /or Train - To LIDO de JESOLO(Italy)

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 To 19:00 PM

Thank you & Kind regards,
      Andy Tan - Aberdeen (Scotland) - eMail : andy18.leo@gmail.com

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Zagreb return fare

Slovenia Apr 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Dear all,
      Needed a small clarification.

As per Slovenian train website, one way fare from Ljubljana to Zagreb is 16.4 euros whereas return fare is 26.2 euros.

I wanted to know validity of the return ticket. As in does it have to be a same day return or can I return after say 3 day stay at Zagreb and still avail the return fare discount?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

more
    • Pletna Boats

Bled Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Is it difficult getting in and out of the pletna boats? It looks like a pretty high step.

more
    • mercedes50's Profile Photo

Walking to Koper from Ship

Koper Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi I'm going to Koper on a cruise i was wondering if i can walk to the old town from the port?

more
    • Hiking in June

Triglav Nacionalni Park Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

more
    • Help with travel

Slovenia Apr 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do I get from Ljubljana - Slovenia to Hermagor-Austria please any help would be brilliant, thank you .....

more
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

RnB Hip Hop clubs

by Kevin_Miller Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hey world I'm off to Ljubljana this Friday 22nd November. Can anyone tell me of any rnb or hip hop clubs that are good on a Friday or Saturday?

Thanks in advance

• AllieK's Profile Photo

Day Trips from Ljublijana

by AllieK Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I will be in Ljublijana for a few days in April. Does anyone have any nice day trip suggestions other than Lake Bled?

Thank you :)

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    • transportation among trieste and Ljubljana

by erickcf Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

How about the taxi service from trieste to Ljubljana?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Night train from Budapest to Maribor

by Hebz Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I am looking to travel from Budapest to Slovenia in October 2013 for a couple of days. My initial idea was to take a train from Budapest to Maribor and then travel to Ljubljana and Bled.
      Are there any cheap night trains from Budapest to Maribor?

Any information will be much appreciated!

6 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Agun's Profile Photo

Studying While Working in Ljubljana

by Agun Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Hello,
      I'm from Indonesia.
      I'm gonna have my master in Ljubljana University this October. Is it possible for me to take a part-time job or even a full job? If so, is it difficult to get a work permit as a foreign student?

Cheers,
      Agun

3 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

Car park in Ljubljana

by maria25 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Can anyone suggest some central and not expensive car parks in Ljubljana.

We are going to spend a whole day there and need to find a good but not v expensive parking.

Thanks

)

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • MrSisterFlute's Profile Photo

Hat shop opposite Star cafe

by MrSisterFlute Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We were in Ljubljana a few weeks ago and noticed a brilliant hat shop on the corner of the main square.Can you help with a name or website link? Thanks. Richard

1 Answer Aug 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Car scrapyards in/near Ljubljana?

by halikowski Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Had a road accident en route to Croatia. Need to buy a new back door for Renault Espace 2.2 DCI before we can continue. Can anyone recommend some scrapyards in/near Ljubljana, and their contact details? THanks, Stefan

• Hotel Accommodation Ljubljana

by EuroDeb Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM

We will staying in Ljubljanafor 3 nights in September/October 2013 and looking for recommendations for accommodation. We are wanting a double room close to the train station as we will be arriving and departing by train. It doesn't have to be fancy, just neat and clean - as we intend to be out most of the time - preferably with our own ensuite bathroom. Any advice on hotels and on Ljubljana itself would be most appreciated.

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • need for car

by chifemme Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

is it necessary to have a car to visit bohinj area and trivlak?is it a day trip if I plan to use telefarique and hike a bit?
      Is transportation from Lubljana to get there pretty accessible in summer?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Budapest - Ljubljana

by rbdoshi Online Now May 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hi all,
      Can someone tell me which is the cheapest mode of transport from Budapest to Ljubljana? I will be travelling in September.
      Also,
      1. Do I need to book train tickets in advance or is it ok if I book them on the same day?
      2. Can anyone provide me timings of the trains from Budapest – Zagreb?
      3. Approximate idea of how much would a one way ticket cost.
      4. Any other information that may be helpful

Thanks so much for all the help.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • Ljubljana to Rovinj 5th September 2013

by weavwl Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Hi,

I arrive into Ljubljana at 16:00 5th September 2013 and I am needing to get to Rovinj, Croatia on the same day. Would anyone be able to advise the best way to do this. A lot of the buses seem to leave before 4pm and I cant seem to find a train. if not, does anyone know a good cheap, private taxi/transfer service I could use..and how long do you think it would take/cost?

Thanks

W

3 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Ljubljana to Rovinj 5th September 2013

by weavwl Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Hi,

I arrive into Ljubljana at 16:00 5th September 2013 and I am needing to get to Rovinj, Croatia on the same day. Would anyone be able to advise the best way to do this. A lot of the buses seem to leave before 4pm and I cant seem to find a train. if not, does anyone know a good cheap, private taxi/transfer service I could use..and how long do you think it would take/cost?

Thanks

W

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Asian to Slovenia. Any problem?

by jayinka Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I'm Asian. Always interested to visit the beautiful Slovenia. Should I be afraid going to Slovenia since I'm Asian?

10 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

'Early flight from Ljubljana Airport - How to get to the airport?

by HORSCHECK Online Now Aug 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hello Everybody,

We are going to have a really early flight back home from Ljubljana. It departs already at 07:00 a.m. *yaaawwwnnn*.

So what is the best option to get to the airport from the city centre at that time of the morning? Are there any recommendable taxi companies? What is a realistic taxi fare for the trip to teh airport?

Any halp is very much appreciated.

HORSCHECK

2 Answers Aug 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Place to live in Ljubljana?

by Dee22 Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hi, I really hope someone can help out on how to find a cheap place to live in Ljubljana as soon as possible. Any tips highly appreciated!

My girlfriend and her friend has just arrived in Ljubljana to study at the university until mid-June this year. They're currently living in some dorms, but would like to find their own place as soon as possible.

It would be perfect with just two seperate rooms and of course a bathroom and a kitchen, but might be bigger as well. Doesn't have to be right beside the university, but still pretty central.

Are there anyone who knows about anything like that, or has some tips as of where to look online or in the city for short term appartments? (4-5 months).

Best regards!

Brian

3 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Anybody heard of DRD bus from Venice to Ljubljana ?

by Ekaterinburg Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Just read about this company on the Fodor travel forum. Apparently theyrun a direct bus service between Venice and Ljubljana.

Anybody heard of them or used this service ?

6 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Bus from Trieste to Ljubljana

by Ekaterinburg Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Wondering how many buses a day run between Trieste and Ljubljana and if it's possible to do the train journey from Venice to Trieste and bus from Trieste to Ljubljana, in one day.

Information much appreciated.

7 Answers May 31, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    • DvaSrca's Profile Photo

Ljubljana to Vienna by bus/train?

by DvaSrca Online Now Jan 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hello, everyone!

Does anyone know if there are buses running from Ljubljana to Vienna (Dunaj in Slovene language)? I did some superficial research but couldn't find much... Maybe from any other city in the country, since it's so small?

I checked the trains but if the schedules I found on DB Bahn are accurate, then most of them don't work that well for me. I would either have to lose a whole day with luggage in Vienna or I would risk losing my flight from Vienna airport if the trains are delayed...

2 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

taking the train from Ljubljana to Linz

by LarryN3 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Has anyone got some advise Ljubljana to Linz by train or otherwise?

4 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    • reikominder's Profile Photo

One Full Day in Ljubjana?

by reikominder Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Hello all,

I'll visit Ljubljana in October with my friend, we will arrive late at night 10pm and will have the next day to enjoy it there and we will leave in the morning of the 3rd day. So we only have one day to enjoy there.

Can you please advice me what to do and what is a must? a brief plan for this day will be great and appreciated.
      and for the castle, what exactly to see and visit there?

And do I need to buy the ljubljana card?? its 23 euros for one day, what do u think?

Thank you all for your help.

6 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    • Ljubljana-Finland, Helsinki

by villilupiini Online Now Aug 24, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Is anyone coming september to Helsinki?

• banuaka's Profile Photo

a smart accomodation in Ljubljana!?:)

by banuaka Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM

anybody could recommend a clean&nice&quiet; and economic hotel or guest house to stay in, preferably near to the centre of town.
      and is there any must to go&see suggestion around the city center, in the rural area or in other parts of Slovenia?
      I like nature and walking, treking&hiking very much.

thank you very much.)
      banu

5 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

Ljubljana

by banuaka Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM

hello!
      I'm planning to go to Ljubljana/Slovenia...
      as a first step I need information about the easiest and economical way to reach to Ljubljana...
      I could find flight either to Milano or Munih...the question is from which one it would be easier/shorter?
      And which way;the train or bus will be faster?...
      are there regular trains or buses?...

and ofcourse any other suggestions are mostly welcome!:))

ciao.
      banu

21 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    • CandiceHalee's Profile Photo

How safe is Ljubljana at night?

by CandiceHalee Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I am planning my trip to Europe and it seems all of the direct trains between Venice and Ljubljana are in the middle of the night. I've checked it going both ways, and both options have me going to the train station in Ljub. at around 2am.
      I've heard that this city is very safe, but how safe would it be to arrive at 2am and walk to my hotel? Or catch a train at 2am? It will be myself and my husband, so I won't be alone, but we'll obviously be tourists!
      Any advice?

20 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    • phrasebook/dictionary

by katie57 Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I will be visiting Slovenia in Sept. and would like to learn some words and phrases. Need a recommendation for the best Slovene-English phrasebook/dictionary.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    • Renting Suit or Tuxedo in Ljubljana

by jkhenjunk Online Now May 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM

We are getting married in Bled in August this summer, and are trying to find a place to rent the tuxedo or suits, can anyone help?

Thank you,
      Joan

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    • Hiking gear rental

by mat_slo Online Now May 22, 2011 at 4:23 AM

Hello,

I am planning to make a hiking trip in Julian Alps in June. I found out that it is advised to wear a hiking helmet on some trails I would like go. Are there any hiking gear rentals in Ljubljana or elsewhere in Slovenia? Could you suggest me web sites where I can found these hiking gear rentals or online forums where someone could help me? I would be very thankful for this information.

Thank you in advance

2 Answers May 23, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Jobs for foreigners in Ljubljana

by Dee22 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend is going to study in Ljubljana from Janauray 2012 and 3-4 months forward. I'm thinking about going with her, and would like to ask if it's possible for a foreigner speaking english to get a random job somewhere in the city? Would that be very hard to find or?

Thanks

2 Answers May 4, 2011 at 5:20 AM
    • Is Jurckova cesta near city centre??

by ilkagx Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Can i go there on foot or is it far from city centre?is it easy to find that street since it appears to be very long...
      cheers

2 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 12:11 AM