Livingstone

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• camping in december

Zambia Jul 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM

considering a camping trip through the south Luangwa valley in december but concerned that it is the rainy season... any advice?

more
    • Botswana to Victoria Falls

Zambia 20 hours ago

Hi All,
      I am planning to go on safari in Botswana in September and also want to visit The Victoria Falls.
      How can I get from Maun (or ideally Chobe) to Livingstone? And how much is it likely to cost.
      Is it possible to travel by land or only by plane?
      Many Thanks in Advance!

more
    • LGG51's Profile Photo

From Livingstone to Angola

Zambia Jul 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Going from Lusaka to Livingstone. And then to Zimbabwe, Botswana and Nambia. No big problem what I can see. But I also want to get into Angola but where are the nearest boardingcrosses Nambia/Angola and Zambia/Angola if you see it from Livingstone?

more
    • Clothing, backpack

Zambia Jul 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I read in a travel magazine that they did not recommend wearing or carrying anything with a camo outdoors type pattern, Mossy Oak?
      It would draw attention from the military and local police? Is this good advice to follow, since I will be on vacation and don't need the extra stress.
      Thank you,
      Mac Jones

more

Near Livingstone

• Visiting in June- need recomendations

by winkd2 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Any suggestions of places to eat in Livingstone?
      Any particular sites worth visiting in town?

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    • Felix_Zurita's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by Felix_Zurita Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Any suggestion where to stay in Livingstone during November 18th to 20th? as usual low cost and good location, any recommendation fellow traveler?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • Travelers check

by MamaWhat Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Is it worth having travelers checks in Livingstone? Or is too much of a hassle?

8 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • Camera Equip

by tamarula_s Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I have a guest traveling through out Africa and his Camera has broken. Is there somewhere in Livingstone (his next location) to by a canon Powershot?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • brimmlady's Profile Photo

Help!!

by brimmlady Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I am traveling from Johannesburg to Livingstone in January to see the falls--we need accommodation for 3 nights then we need to get to Kilimanjaro Airport in Tanzania. I cannot find a way to do this painlessly--does anyone have suggestions? I prefer plane or train (not bus).

4 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    • Livingstone Bus

by kitkat_heavens Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I have read the posts about the family bus but i will be arriving in the afternoon and there isnt a bus till 7pm
      You say the busses leave when there full but how many busses are there to livingstone?
      And how easy is it to find out how full they are without being forced to get on one by the men that are singing praises about there company?
      Do most of them take the same amount of time to get to livingstone?
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    • Bringing Medication into Zambia

by cl3150 Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I have been advised that when entering Zambia, officials will confiscate any medication, including over-the-counter, unless it is in the original container and there is a pharmacy label. When one travels, it is common to have lot of different medications ranging from Aspirin, Ibuprophen, Pepcid, vitamins, Immodium, etc., etc., plus actual prescription items. We normally put each in a separate small baggie with a label, and dispose of the empty baggies at the last stop. To have to bring original containers would fill a complete carry-on, especially since we buy many over-the-counter items in bulk packaging. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    • Flights

by swajih Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM

What airlines fly Livingstone to Lusaka on Sunday June 27, 2010?

HELP!

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    • MLW20's Profile Photo

Flight to Nairobi

by MLW20 Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Does anybody know if there is a way to FLY to Nairobi from Livingstone? I have been searching a bit online and can not find a way.

All help is greatly appreciated!

MLW20

• ATMs and banks

by wee.mini Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 6:45 AM

does anyone know if there are visa ATMs in Livingstone?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    • Day trip visa for Livingstone?

by agrens Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Does anyone know if it's still possible for a US national to get a "day trip" visa (the one that only allows you to stay in the country until the end of the day on which you entered) at the Victoria Falls/Livingstone border checkpoint? I'll be staying in Victoria Falls for several days in late July and would like to take one day to see things from the Zambian side and check out Livingstone - but if it's true that US nationals are now only eligble for the US$135 multiple entry visas, that becomes a pretty pricey day trip! If anyone has been there recently, an update would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    • ck1985's Profile Photo

Transport services between lusaka and livingstone

by ck1985 Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Does anybody have information on prices/timetable for train/bus transport between lusaka and livingstone??

2 Answers Apr 15, 2007 at 2:30 PM
    • Travel Partner Africa Aug/Sep 2005

by kelleeoo Online Now May 30, 2005 at 6:24 PM

I have planned a 24-day trip to Tanzania, So. Africa, Zambia, and Mauritius starting Aug 25. It would be nice to have someone join me for all or part of the trip. If the dates/locations sound good to you, email me and I will send you the full itinerary. kelleeoo@aol.com

• Visit an Orphanage

by kelleeoo Online Now May 30, 2005 at 3:46 AM

I will be in Livingstone for a short time in Sept. I don't have much free time, but would like to visit an orphanage. Most volunteer organizations require a long term committment. Does anyone know of an orphanage that allows someone to visit for a day or a few hours to volunteer/donate?

3 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    • What to do in July?

by Koordarrie Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 4:41 AM

We will be in Livingstone - Vic Falls in July and want some help in deciding what to do? Not too adventurous. What is the elephant interaction like? We will be staying at the Waterfront for a few nights.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 2:32 AM