Livingstone Travel Answers

change location

Livingstone Bus

by kitkat_heavens Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I have read the posts about the family bus but i will be arriving in the afternoon and there isnt a bus till 7pm
You say the busses leave when there full but how many busses are there to livingstone?
And how easy is it to find out how full they are without being forced to get on one by the men that are singing praises about there company?
Do most of them take the same amount of time to get to livingstone?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • georeiser's Profile Photo

Re: Livingstone Bus

by georeiser Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 4:23 AM

Do you mean the bus between Lusaka and Livingstone? There are two main bus companies and some smaller ones between the cities. The family bus is Mazhandu Family Bus services. I took that bus company from Livingstone to Lusaka in 2009. They had 6 departures a day, all at scheduled times. And they left from Livingstone with many seats free. The price was 16USD. I guess the smaller and cheaper companies wait until the bus is full. It should be between 6 and 9 hours between the cities. I took a socalled express in 6,5 hours. The last bus from Livingstone to Lusaka was 830PM. However I don't know the opposite way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Livingstone Bus

by DCMan Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I also did the Lusaka>Livingston bus (and return journey!) with the Mazhandu bus service. They are pretty efficient. You can book/buy tickets for any of the buses and there are around 6-7 per day. However, I would recommend getting the 'Executive' bus, which is a couple of more. But it does have a toilet which is a bonus, plus complimentary drinks - but I think there is only one of those per day. Other than that, the bus stops at the Golden Pillow (I think) which is roughly half way through the journey.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Livingstone