Livingstone Travel Answers

change location

Visit an Orphanage

by kelleeoo Online Now May 30, 2005 at 3:46 AM

I will be in Livingstone for a short time in Sept. I don't have much free time, but would like to visit an orphanage. Most volunteer organizations require a long term committment. Does anyone know of an orphanage that allows someone to visit for a day or a few hours to volunteer/donate?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ScottishSarah's Profile Photo

RE: Visit an Orphanage

by ScottishSarah Online Now Jul 17, 2005 at 9:34 AM

Hi

I am planning a trip to volunteer at Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage (mainly chimpanzees) in Zambia some time in september. They take volunteers for 3weeks, but Ive read elsewhere that they have a campsite next to the river that you can book into, and if you ask in advance they will show you around. I am also looking to visit Livingstone, so wondered if you could let me know more about your travel plans? Also, where are you travelling from?

Sarah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ck1985's Profile Photo

RE: Visit an Orphanage

by ck1985 Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Im just wondering did u visit an orphange during your stay in livingstone?

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo

Re: Visit an Orphanage

by nora_south_africa Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM

I know the jolly boys backpackers(LIVINGSTONE) had info of an orphanage you could visit for a day, you can contact them for the details, the taxi from jolly boys was about 10,000 kwacha one way to the orphanage, they also have a collection box where you can put old clothes which they will deliver to the orphanage.The backpackers also allow tents.. think its about 6 USD a day pp

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines