Livigno Travel Answers

change location

transfer between Milan Linate and Livigno

by Binkenhaben Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 9:48 AM

We have obtained cheap flights into Linate at end Jan 2004 but now we need to transfer a party of 7 to Livigno - and back the following weekend. What's the best way to do it? Are there any ski-holiday operators with spare capacity on their buses who could carry us?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chrishc's Profile Photo

Re: transfer between Milan Linate and Livigno

by chrishc Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 2:32 AM

That would be a really long transfer. Livigno is about 4 hours from Bergamo. I think you would need help from a travel agent, try Thomas Cook they may be able to advise. There is a bus company based in Livigno which do most of the transfers but can't think of their name (it is the name of a family which own a lot of the accommodation. I'm afraid I have forgotten it but you may be able to find it from somewhere. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • healy_ger's Profile Photo

Re: transfer between Milan Linate and Livigno

by healy_ger Online Now Jan 9, 2004 at 3:46 AM

If I was you I'd rent one of those 8 seater vans like a Peugout Boxer, it might cost about €300 for the week. There was a group of 8 of us last year who got cheap flights to Lyon & we drove to Chamonix. The van is big enough to hold skis and luggage. It was also convenient for travelling between our chalet & ski station/shops. So, this option offers you a lot of flexibility. You could try www.europcar.com to book. Another option is to get the train from Milan to the nearest stop to Livigno, there is sure to be buses operating from there to the resort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines