Liverpool Travel Answers

change location
KerriG's Profile Photo

need help :) :)

by KerriG Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

we are travelling to liverpool on the 19th may 2013 to see mark knopler play in the echo arena and also we are going to see liverpool play at anfield we are staying at the new travelodge on exchange street and we are travelling from john lennon airport can anyone tell me are we central to any off these destination what would the best methodfs of transport to each of these destinatons..

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Re: need help :) :)

by danzante Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Exchange St is only about 400yds from the Pier Head along Dale St and the arena is just a short walk to your right. As the crow flies, Anfield is only two miles away (I'm just up the road), a taxi could be about a fiver, been a long time since I was in a taxi :)

You could jump a bus which isn't many stops. have a nice time.
    Dan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyL5's Profile Photo

Re: need help :) :)

by GrumpyL5 Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

The hotel is a former office building located very near Moorfields and Old Hall Street underground stations.
    From JLA you have two easy options: 1) The Airport bus number 500 which goes directly to the city centre and then a round route near your hotel.
    2) You can take the number 86A bus to South-Parkway station and the (destination Southport) train to Moorfields station.

For Anfield football stadium you can use the "soccerbus" service. Go to Moorfields station and ask for a "Soccerbus ticket" which will include any northern line train to Sandhills Station (one stop) and then a special bus service from the station to the football stadium and back.

Here is the Merseytravel website: merseytravel.gov.uk/Pages/We...

The 86A bus timetable: merseytravel.gov.uk/travelli...

The 500 timetable: merseytravel.gov.uk/travelli...

For the Echo arena there are buses, but you may as well walk.
    Hope you enjoy your trip to Liverpool.

Warning: the Merseyrail service does fail sometimes so don't leave travel to the last train, always get the earlier train - just in case :-)

• KerriG's Profile Photo

by KerriG Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Thanks so much for ur great responces guys.. Few things I forgot to ask :) wer wud th best place be for us too eat and drink that would be near by cheap nice and nearby the hotel trying to budget as goin to th match and concert will not be cheap :( and also are we near any shopping facilities as I like to have a nosey in and around the shops I've heard a few people mention Liverpool one centre are we within walking distance to this .. And finally has any one heard any reviews on this travel lodge as its only open on exchange street I have heard nothing or cannot find any online reviews so grateful for ur response guys cheers

• KerriG's Profile Photo

by KerriG Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Thanks so much for ur great responces guys.. Few things I forgot to ask :) wer wud th best place be for us too eat and drink that would be near by cheap nice and nearby the hotel trying to budget as goin to th match and concert will not be cheap :( and also are we near any shopping facilities as I like to have a nosey in and around the shops I've heard a few people mention Liverpool one centre are we within walking distance to this .. And finally has any one heard any reviews on this travel lodge as its only open on exchange street I have heard nothing or cannot find any online reviews so grateful for ur response guys cheers

by danzante Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hiya Kerri,
    you are right on the doorstep for everything, shops, restaurants, Liverpool one is just around the corner. Our daughter reckons Pesto in L1 is sound, up the escalator to the top, plenty of reasonable places to eat. It's recommended to book a table on the evening of the show if you're going to eat first and it's only across the road from the arena.

If you want to walk around, Wetherspoons is really cheap, nothing to worry about, L1 is excellent for the lot. Have not heard about that Travel lodge but we do know they are okay on the whole.

by GrumpyL5 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Shopping wise - an easy way to find everyting is to start at the Town Hall (large dome with statue on top of it) and walk along Castle Street towards the Law Courts and Victoria monument, that junction is the start of Lord Street. Basically, can walk up Lord Street, Church Street and then Bold Street as a straight line of shopping.
    The L1 shops are all off to the right of that line, so turn right at Debenhams and you are in the middle of it all. Or you can carry on along Church Street and turn right into Keys Court (Top Shop/Next) and wander through the arcade to L1.

Scenic short cut ... facing the Law Courts and Victoria monument - walk towards the entrance of the crown court building and on your left is a walk way through a garden to the upper park level of L1, with great views across to the arena and Albert Dock and below you are all the shops and restaurnats.

by GrumpyL5 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

The Travel Lodge is new, if the building I'm thinking of, a converted 1950's office building. In the business district. It's on a main road junction, but it's not a very busy road and has traffic calming measures.
    Travel Lodge will be corporate standard design, but in this case should all be new.

by ChezChelles Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Hi

As it's all been said, you really are very close to everything that's going on, everything is in walking distance for you.

Your transport questions have been answered, but it really is so easy and cheap to travel round the city. Don't forget to have a quick trip on the ferry if you have time. If you get a save away you can use it on all the local transport.

There are so many places to eat on a budget right around where you are, walk up to Weatherspoons for good value, or you can walk up the road to Marybone ( and see the Superlambanana) to the chinese chippy / takeaway.

Right near your hotel there are a couple of cracking little pubs too.

Have fun and enjoy our lovely city x

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines