Liverpool Travel Answers

change location
Carluchita's Profile Photo

Beatles Locations to Visit in Liverpool

by Carluchita Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Hi, we will be traveling to Liverpool next month because my husband is a fan of the Beatles. What are the best places to visit that have Beatles history and why? Maybe there some not so well known ones that would be cool to visit.

TIA!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Beatles Locations to Visit in Liverpool

by davidjo Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM

courses.music.indiana.edu/ro...

Try this link, there are plenty sites in Liverpool of where thy grew up, frequented and performed

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I read your other post about London. London Walks have a walk called "The Beatles in my LIfe" on Tuesdays. I haven't taken this particular walk, but many others with London Walks and they've all been excellent.
    walks.com/London_Walks_Home/...

• northeast80's Profile Photo

by northeast80 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I did a bus tour called the Magical Mystery Tour which left from the Albert Dock.
    cavernclub.org/the-magical-m...
    I was a Beatles fan when I was a teenager and I really liked it, you go to their childhood homes, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Cavern Club. We had to pay entry to the Beatles Museum at the Albert Dock on top of the tour price.

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

by Flying.Scotsman Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM

For an off the beaten track (or should that be off the Beatle track?), visit Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight. This was the venue for Ringo's first appearance with the Beatles. Port Sunlight is a late 19th / early 20th century village built for the workers at the Lever Brothers factory. It is in the Wirral and a short drive from Liverpool. Bruce

• Sevsa's Profile Photo

by Sevsa Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

My wife and I went to Liverpool last October for the same reason and enjoyed it. We also took the Magical Mystery Tour and it is good for all the major sights. Also enjoyed The Beatle's Story at Albert Dock. We booked the National Trust Tour of Lennon's and McCartney's childhood homes and this was by far the best of all the sites visited. It gave you a real sense of what their pre-Beatle lives were like and how that influenced the later years. It also made us look at the movie Nowhere Boy again because we had a whole different perspective of the homes and their relationship to each other and the rest of Liverpool. The wesite for the tour is nationaltrust.org.uk/beatles...
    We tried to take the ferry across the Mersey but it was closed at the time because someone was threatening to throw themselves in the river. So we settled for looking across the Mersey which just doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Not Beatle related but I recommend the Merseyside Maritime Museum which is also located at the Albert Dock.

1 member found this helpful

• Carluchita's Profile Photo

by Carluchita Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Thanks so much for your recommendations. They all look great!

I forgot to mention that we will be traveling with our 2 year old son. I hope we will let us do at least some of these things! LOL

• beka1121's Profile Photo

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Ive been to Liverpool once and enjoyed it because i'm an avid fan of the Beatles too, We visited the place of John Lennon and the "Beatles Story Exhibition" where all the things that reminded of The Beatles were stored from the day they started located at the Fab Fours hometown. It is open from 9:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. Went to the Cavern Pub where they started playing also and the Strawberry Fields.

• Blahnix's Profile Photo

by Blahnix Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Hi, You may also consider The Grapes pub, just a short walk from the Cavern, it is where the Beatles used to go and since the ferry is up and running the best photo's of the Liverpool skyline are taken from the other side, on the Wirral.
    Enjoy your trip and keep in mind that it will be cooler around the dock area, temperature wise.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines