change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel to Xianying Palace in Fuzhou Changle

Fuzhou 10 hours ago

Is it easy to hail a taxi in Changle of Fuzhou for travel to Xianying Palace near Changle Airport of Fuzhou? Is Xianying Palace important place to visit in Fuzhou? How much estimated to pay for a trip to this place?

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

Question about visits with locals

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). We would like to meet some local people to exchange culture and ideas. Is that possible?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Fuzhou on 5 December?

Fuzhou 10 hours ago

It is expected highest temperature in Fuzhou is 19 Degrees Celsius, lowest temperature at 11. Are upper long-john, long-sleeved shirt and winter jacket enough?

• Rail from Chengdu to Leshan

Chengdu Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM

How easy is it to take the high speed rail from Chengdu to Leshan? And once in Leshan station, what is the best way to get to the Buddha? What are the expected travel times?

• Where to stay

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 8:01 PM

hi there just looking at coming to Shenzhen like to be near some shopping like clothing electrical and General knick knacks also if it near some tourist attractions too. Which area is best and any ideas on some 4 star hotels thanks so much really appreciate it. Thankyou

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

Fuzhou 10 hours ago

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

• bullet train

Xiamen Nov 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi,i will b travelling to fuzhou next week then to xiamen but i need to know which train station must i go from fuzhou to xiamen zhong shan parK? I understand that there r a few station to board n alight the train.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Nov 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Can i sleep at Guangzhou Airport upon arrival at 2 am? I have a domestic flight to board at 2.15 pm for Hangzhou.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

How to spend a day on our own in Shanghai

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). How can we spend a day ( not too expensive) seeing off beat Shangahi.

• price of china

Beijing Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM

What prices at KFC in China

• 2 weeks every day expenses

Lanzhou Oct 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Traveling to Lanzhou for 2 weeks Mid December 2015, Wondering what i will need for lots of coffee, "cafe's" Cheap eats most of the time, Good Restaurant perhaps 3 times with friend and daughter "vegen" I would expect i will do a couple of Museums, Go out to a couple of local Bars, 2-3 times, City transport, and will need cheap Mobile phone with prepaid credit,

Some hints as to whats worth seeing in and around Lanzhou and if any huge bulk shopping centres, and cake shops

I wouldn't mind going to some of the disadvantaged area's of Lanzhou also. perhaps do a little people orientated volunteer work while i am there, any information on this would also be helpful.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Hangzhou on 13 November?

Hangzhou Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM

May I know what should i wear for four hours in Hangzhou outdoors on 13 November between 4.20 pm and 8 pm? Can i just wear long-john and long-sleeved shirt? Will they keep me less cold?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What can one do within 4 hours at Hangzhou Airport?

Hangzhou Nov 8, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Dear Hangzhou VT,

I arrive in Hangzhou Airport at 4.20 pm on Friday where i will transit for direct flight back to Singapore at 11 pm with Scoot. May I know are there tourist destinations near the airport other than the Head Office of Zhejiang Loong Air?

How far is West Lake from the airport? I understand there are no city train services to the airport.

• Best location to stay

Shanghai Oct 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I'll be traveling with my husband and 2 kids in december. We are very confused as to what area is the most convenient and nice. The options are jing'an, french concession, and xintiandi. Please help us decide. thank you

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Help required for recommendation on hotel stay for 1 nite near airport or train station

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hello there,
      We are travelling in a group of 4 (3 seniors with me) taking high speed train from Guilin and will arrive Shenzhen North station during the late evening around 10pm. Would like to check in to a hotel for 1 nite to catch a flight the next morning. Therefore would appreciate for good recommendation on hotel stay either near BaoÁn Intl Airport or Shenzhen North train station.
      How about transport, is it safe to take any cabs in Shenzhen.We have 4 medium sized luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Tks & Regards,

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Railway hat badge

China Oct 28, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi all, Just returned from a GREAT trip to parts of China, which included a 20 hour 'soft sleeper' train Guilin - Shanghai and a fast 'bullet' train from Beijing - Xi'an.

As I am involved in tourist railways here in Australia, I was really trying to obtain a hat badge and offered money, a book and anything else I could think of to swap with railway people their hat badge. One scoured the entire train crew looking for a spare - sadly no luck. I managed to find an English speaking passenger on one of the trains and he looked up the Chinese version of eBay on his tablet device - I don't read, write or, apart from a few words, speak Chinese. I've tried to find a badge on eBay to no avail.

Below are 2 photos - one is the badge itself and attached to the soft hat of a female train worker, the other is attached to the hat of the friendly crew member on the fast train - and the one who scoured the train for me.

If anyone can PLEASE help me obtain a badge as photoed for my hat I would be very grateful and will pay for badge and postage to Australia in advance.

Hope someone can please help - xie xie nee

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Looking for private transport for booking in Shenzhen

China Nov 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I am looking for transport to book for my airport/hotel transfer during December.
      Anyone has a good contact that can recommend?
      Just need 1 trip from airport to train station and another trip from hotel to airport.
      4 adults and 4 luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.

• dansweazen's Profile Photo

My friend Nan says that it is very difficult for her to travel abroad can anyone explain?

by dansweazen Online Now May 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I have had a pen pal and friend for over a year now. I am from Pittsburgh PA USA and she lives in Liuzhou City,China. I own a helicopter service buisness that doesn't often allow me to leave on long excursions and we were wondering how she might be able to come to visit for a few weeks during her spring festival vacation or any other time.

GuangNan hasn't traveled abroad and doesn't have a passport yet. She is 44 and single and a mechanical engineer. Can anyone tell me how I can help her to travel? Romance may be in the future but we need to become friends in person and court first.

Thank you in advance! Dan

8 Answers May 12, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    • Where can I buy coffee in Liuzhou

by sdunmore Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM

So I want to find coffee in this beautiful city.
      In Nanning I was able to find large cans of Vietnamese Coffee (non instant)
      However, I have not been able to find them here.
      Any ideas?
      Steve. A caffeine addict in a land of Tea

2 Answers Jul 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    • liuzhou's Profile Photo

Liuzhou International Fantastic Stone Festival

by liuzhou Online Now Oct 26, 2004 at 9:11 PM

The 3rd Liuzhou International Stone Festival will be held from 5th November - 10th November 2004

• Are there any ESL teachers in Liuzhou??

by Jayde-East Online Now Sep 15, 2004 at 3:06 AM

I am living in Brisbane, Australia, and considering a position in Liuzhou. Just wondered if anyone knows the Liuzhou Webster training institute? Also, how is life in Liuzhou? Appreciate any comments.

4 Answers May 10, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    • phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Liuzhou - what's it like?

by phil_uk_net Online Now Oct 17, 2002 at 4:26 AM

I am looking at some teaching English job options and one of the jobs is in Liuzhou in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. I can't find anything about it here on VT and searching on the web all I can find is fairly formal information rather than actual accounts from real life experience. Has anyone been and can give me some idea what life is like there - especially as a foreigner? I have not been to China before and it is quite a daunting prospect even though I am sure it would be fascinating. I've had a good look through Hailun's pages about teaching in China in general (great work Helen if you see this) but was after some info on this particular region. Thanks!

15 Answers Jan 19, 2004 at 10:38 PM