Litokhoron Travel Answers

change location
nbwickstrom's Profile Photo

Litokhoron

by nbwickstrom Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM

What is the easiest route from Delphi to Litokhoron? I can't seem to find any helpful answers online!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Litokhoron

by alza Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Hi Nicole,
    Sorry that I cannot copy/paste the link I got showing directions and all useful route details -- it's too long!
    But you can go to Google, enter "Map of Greece" and click the map that appears on top of results (could be other maps, of provinces, regions, etc.) Top map should be interactive.
    On left margin at the top, see "Get Directions". Click that and fill in A-Departure point and B-Destination point (i.e. Delphi and Litokhoron) Latter is spelled differently but you should get it the way you have it, as there is automatic recognition as you type.

You'll see a thick blue line from A to B (Note that Delfi appears below Amfissa, and only when you zoom in a few times.)
    You'll get all relevant details for that trip, tolls, length of trip, etc.
    There are other excellent Route Planners, such as ViaMichelin. You can check out a few to see which ones suit you best. I like Via Michelin a lot but this time, I simply did my search from address box, and that seems set on Google these days.

Hope that helps you, don't hesitate to ask for further info if needed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nbwickstrom's Profile Photo

by nbwickstrom Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Thanks so much! I'm more interested in public transportation, do you know what the buses are like from Delphi to Litokhoron?

• alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

You're welcome. I sort of misunderstood what you need. No idea about means of transport for that route but I'll see what I can find and get back to you.
    Meantime, members in the know about bus/train travel in Greece might chime in.
    Talk later!

• alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Hi again, You're right, information on bus and other public transport across Greece is not easy to find, then when found, not easy to use... but don't despair, Delfi to Litokhoron can be done.

First, it appears that if you travel by bus, you're likely to do it via KTEL Bus Company, main bus company operating across Greece.
    I couldn't find anything about KTEL or any other service travelling from Delfi to Litokhoron directly. I tried to check out KTEL site, their destinations, etc. but they only give out a phone number to call for timetables and other info.
    You could try calling KTEL (see phone number on their website), get help from Tourist Office in Delphi if possible.

Came to the conclusion that the "easiest" way to get fm Delfi to Litokhoron may be to go Delfi to Athens, then Athens to Litokhoron. It can all be done by bus. Bus from Athens to Lito is shown as taking 3 1/2 hours instead of 4 hours by train.
    (No trains apparently between Delfi and Athens.)

So you could start by going to the KTEL bus station in Delfi, get a ticket for Athens (find out about connecting buses to Lito at same time)
    then take a bus fm Athens to Lito (hopefully timetables will make the 2 trips easy on same day.

See the two links below for more info:

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g18940...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-...

Wishing you the best in finding your route and enjoy Litokhoron and Mount Olympus!

• mariha2912's Profile Photo

by mariha2912 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I appreciate what alza is doing here, but I am not very sure why OP could not do a google search her self or at least provide some more info to help up help her...

Some pointers:

Bus services in Greece are called Ktel. There is not one and only Ktel, each area has its own sub-Ktel. Routes of each sub-Ktel usually apply for connections to/from Athens or in Northern Greece from/to Thessaloniki, then localy in the specific area.Remember, those are services primarly aimed to local population, not the odd visitor. There are not many buses connecting distant areas. Delphi is in a completely different area to Litochoro, so there is no direct route.

For Delphi you need Ktel Fokidas ,Official site for bus schedules Athens to Delphi here, a direct and very straightforward journey of 3 hours:
    ktel-fokidas.gr/?pages_id=4&...

For Litochoro you need Ktel Katerinis , bus from Athens goes to Katerini, then you need another bus for Litochoro I think, but I am not familiar with this route
    ktelpierias.gr/el/routes.htm... is the official site, a bit temperamental though.

Maybe nbwickstrom could provide more specifics , for example when exactly she plans this trip for, what other places are on her itinerary and how long she has available to accomplish this route. If you are interested to visit some other spots, some other connections might be possible.

For example there is no train in Delphi, but Levadia 40-50 miutes drive away has a train station. Bus connecting Delphi to Athens stops by Levadia center, train station is outside the city but only a quick taxi ride away. Litochoro has a train station too, and although no direct connection exists, some possibilities might happen through Paleofarsala or Kalambaka for example....

Train schedules appear here tickets.trainose.gr/dromolog... but only direct routes are shown.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Litokhoron