Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• meeson's Profile Photo

cut throat shave anywhere ?

Vilnius Dec 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Hi vt'ers
      When I'm in Vilnius in Jan I will want to treat myself to a cut throat shave a barbers. Is there anywhere I can do this around Vilnius centre. I like to do this as you can't take razors on the plane in hand luggage and it's always a nice treat.
      thanks

5 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

what coat should I take ?

Vilnius Nov 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM

hi vt'ers

im off to Vilnius in January. do I need to take a thick winter coat. I will have jumpers and a jacket with me but seems as im staying in the centre and won't be walking much I don't really want to be saddled with a thick heavy coat when I'm out and about. it will be a pain when I go to the bars etc.
      look forward to hearing your views
      thanks

9 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • Flying late into Vilnius

Lithuania Nov 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Hello,

I am looking to book a ticket to Vilnius in April but I will be arriving around 10:30 p.m. and was wondering if I would still be able to catch a bus, taxi, or train to the hostel that I've booked?

4 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

shopping in vilnius

Vilnius Nov 14, 2014 at 2:19 AM

hi vt'ers
      i'll be in Vilnius in January and was going to treat myself to a nice winter coat. will I be able to find some there and will they be cheaper than in the UK. doesn't matter if they are nearly the same price, it will give me something to do one afternoon. also I'm quite latge so will I be able to purchase larger sizes.
      thanks in advance

3 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

euros or litas jan 2015

Vilnius Oct 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hi vt'ers
      I'm off to Vilnius on the 6th January. The euro comes in on the 1st Jan but I can use litas until 15th Jan. Should I take some euros or litas with me. I'm thinking about getting the best deal eg. food and drink. also will I only be able to get euros out of the banks once I am there.
      I was thinking maybe take some litas then get euros out of the machine. I don't want to pay 2 euros for a beer when, if I pay in litas it might be half the price.
      Its' a poser I know but would be nice to hear from seasoned travellers and what you have to say in respect of advice
      Thanks

8 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • marrrija's Profile Photo

Erasmus Student 2014/2015 questions

Vilnius Aug 26, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I have read some pretty useful advice here about everything going on in Vilnius.But I would like to ask also about the costs of food, the dormitories and in general cost of life because I would like only to use my Erasmus scholarship while living there.

And also if there is anyone who is an erasmus student going these year , you can write me and we can get to know each other, it's really easier when you have a companion.I am from Macedonia and I am going there to study German Language and Literature. :)

5 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

what to do in january

Vilnius Aug 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Im off to Vilnius in januaury. im very much looking to it and would like to know the best things to do. I would also like to know what bars and clubs are good, I will be staying near the KGB museum so I am in a good location to see everything. im there for just over a week.
      thanks vt'ers

6 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Vilnius to Druskininkai

Lithuania Jul 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hello!

I will arrive to Vilnius bus station (abuot at 4 pm/16:00). Next I have to get Druskininkai town. Is it possible to continue trip from Vilnius bus station? Is the railway station in the same place?
      If there are trains to Druskininkai, are they old soviet trains or new manufactured by PESA?
      Where can i see timetable?

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

What is the best option to get to Klaipeda from either Kaliningrad or Budapest?

Klaipeda Jun 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Visas / entry permits (multiple) for Belarus and Russia already in passport.

One option I found: use British Airways "miles" (only 9000 + $74) to fly with Air Berlin to Kaliningrad, seat availability is very good every day even on short notice. Than how? The biggest problem is that the connection in Warszawa to anywhere in Lithuania is quite poor if I arrive from Budapest by night train.

10 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Any advice is gladly accepted

Vilnius Jun 25, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Hi to all,
      I will be in Vilnius for two days and would like to visit Trakai.
      Would like to learn what transportation is best (more important cheaper) to visit the above four places and other advised destinations?
      Also would like to have local cuisine for dinner and perhaps have a break in a good pub or beer house.How is Belmontas restaurant?
      But as you would appreciate, touristic places are quite expensive and not always the exact quality.
      I prefer to investigate the city by myself and would be happy to hear all your advices.
      Thank you all for your interest.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    • Stores on Gedimino

Vilnius Jun 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Are there any stores on Gedimino Pr. that would carry household items such as hangers, a clock or clock/radio? (Hopefully located closer to the Cathedral end.)

1 Answer Jun 21, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • Sites of Jewish interest

Panevezys Jun 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Please suggest Jewish sites in Panevezys

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 2:02 AM
    • Shopping in Lithuania

Lithuania Jun 15, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm going on a trip to Lithuania and going to be buying gifts and such there. How much money should i bring?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Trip to vilnius

Vilnius Jun 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Hey guys. Im going on a work trip the 4th of july.
      Im wondering if anyone knows of some good places that sells vinyl? And some good jazz spots would be appreciated as
      well

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • abvideo's Profile Photo

I am Coming by cruise to Klaipeda

Klaipeda May 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Do i need to book a tour or can I see enough when I go on my own ?
      Is there a hop on&off bus ? or similar ?

4 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Guide for Kleipeda and the Curonian Split

Lithuania May 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hi, we are going to visit Kleipeda with a ship for one day and would like to visit the Curonian Split. We do not want to go by an organized bus tours with 50 other (mostly bored :-( ) other peoples. Does anyone know a guide who can drive us around in his car,show us the beautiful landscape and special places.
      Every good idea is welcomed.
      Thanks and all the best

• Christmas Markets

Kaunas May 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Are there Christmas Markets in Kaunas and if yes, what dates do they start for this coming winter

1 Answer May 23, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

vilnius for new year

Vilnius May 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM

hi vt'ers
      im thinking of going to Vilnius for new year. has anybody got any advice for me and what bars and clubs do they offer. also as a uk resident do I need a visa or not. what are good places to visit.

thanks

9 Answers May 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • place to stay?

Veisiejai May 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM

is there any camping sites? hotels,hostels? anything? put a tent somewhere? ;)

2 Answers May 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • Rent a bike

Trakai May 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Can I rent a bike near Trakai bus or railway station?

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • How to get there

Siauliai May 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hello,

I am an Italian tourist. In August I will be in Vilnius.

What is the easyest and more economic way to go from Vilnius to Riga passing from Siauliai (the Hill of Crosses)?

Thank you.

Andrea

2 Answers May 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    • Will they take Euros?

Klaipeda Apr 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

We're traveling to Klaipeda on a cruise and hoping to change money as infrequently as p ossible. I know Lithuania has its own currency, but will the markets in Klaipeda take Euros also? We're hoping to buy yarn and knitwear.

6 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Cycling around Curonian Spit

Klaipeda Apr 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hello!
      I am wondering if it is possible to rent bikes, preferably long term, for example in Nida or Palanga, if there are special rental shops, or if hotels provide rental services? Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Does anyone know about Kovno?

Lithuania Apr 19, 2014 at 5:39 AM

I have a friend whose family was from Birzia, Kovno, Lithuania around 1890. They lived in the Estates of Ostrov.. Astravas. I'd love to find info/photos of this place. Maybe info about borders moving as well.
      (just an avid genealogical researcher)

1 Answer Apr 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Accommodation

Paberze Apr 18, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Are there any places to stay in Paberze or Giedraiciai along route 172 for cyclist passing through?
      Ar yra kokių nors vietų apsistoti Paberžės ar Giedraičių maršrute 172 už dviratininkas kerta?

Steve and Kathy
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • shampoo, lotion, etc.

Lithuania Mar 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I have looked at grocery store ads to see if I can purchase body lotion and shampoo there. I am traveling to Lithuania and I don't want to check my luggage. I want to buy my toiletries when I arrive. I'm from the U.S. and usually buy these things from the grocery store or drugstore, not at a fancy department store. For example, I use Oil of Olay face lotion. Where could I purchase such items?

10 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    • On-line shopping

Vilnius Feb 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I want to shop on-line in Maxima for groceries, for delivery to Spain. How can I become a 'customer'?

3 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • which is the best popular online shop for computer staff in lithuania

Lithuania Feb 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM

we are new in vilnius,want to know some place that we can buy the daily use things and computer things, home use things.

thanks for the advice

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    • Safety Hotel in Vilnius

Vilnius Feb 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I will be in Vilnius on the 1st week of march, i booked the Comfort Hotel LT at Mindaugo g. 27, Naujamiestis, LT-03212 Vilnius.

I would like to know if is a safe zone or is better so change the hotel to city old part.

Appreciate any safety tip

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • LianoB's Profile Photo

Single room for rent?

Kaunas Jan 28, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hi there! I'm a 30 years old boy from Italy looking for a single room in Kaunas ,Klaipeda or Vilnius for at least 3 months but likely even more. Do you know someone who rents a room? Or a website/forum where i can find one?

I want to live in a shared apartment with students or young and cool sociable people who love nightlife.
      I'll come there for work but i'd like also to make a lot of friends and have fun.

I don't mind if the apartment is not in the centre, but i expect to spend around 100€/month for the room.

3 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM