Lisse Travel Answers

change location
globetrekker_airen's Profile Photo

Golden Tulip Lisse Hotel and Restaurant De Nachtegaal

by globetrekker_airen Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

hello,

We are going to Lisse this spring to visit Keukenhof. Since we are travelling with our baby, I have several questions regarding :

1. Golden Tulips Lisse Hotel
- Does anyone have more info about this hotel?I was trying to find some reviews about this hotel but found only a few not-so-good ones.
- Are there any close supermarket or convenience store nearby since we are not opting for meals in their restaurant for 3 days and 2 nights.
- Also, the hotel page says that it is close (15min) to the beach but when I checked how to get to Noordwijk Aan Zee (assuming it is the beach referred by the hotel page), we still have to take the bus, then train then bus again. Is there a better way by public transport?

2. Keukenhof Express Combi-Ticket

We plan to buy combi-ticket but our questions are:
- if we buy express bus ticket from schipol to keukenhof, can we get off at the hotel first and not in keukenhof and visit keukenhof the next day(see itinerary) or is the combi-ticket good for one day bus trip to keukenhof then return trip also at the same day?
- i noticed that is is the same price whether you come from amsterdam or schipol(€23). If we buy ticket from schipol going to keukenhof, and plan to go to amsterdam after, is the ticket still valid on the bus from schipol to amsterdam?

Our itinerary for 2 days would be:
1st day - hotel check-in in the afternoon then go to the nearest beach
2nd day - keukenhof whole day
3rd day - hotel check-out, quick visit to amsterdam

The itinerary is still not final, though. It depends on the info we would get.

Thanks so much in advance :)

cheers,
ning

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Golden Tulip Lisse Hotel and Restaurant De Nachtegaal

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

1) There's only one Virtual Tourist tip about the hotel; see: "Decent Hotel, Good Off-Season Prices" - Golden Tulip De Nachtegaal Tip by RhineRoll

This tip came from a well-experienced travel friend of me.

Lisse Supermarkets see:
    goudengids.nl/search/Lisse/S...

You can rent a bicycle via the hotel. There is a hotel arrangement including bicycle rent and a full picknick basket.
    The local tourist office (VVV) has a number of cycle routes; see:
    vvvlisse.nl/nl/fietsroutes-l...

2) The bus ticket is a same day ticket. A change of bus must be done within a hour from the departure time stamp.

Maybe, it's a better option for you to buy a STRIPPENKAART for the bus rides you want to make. Info see:
    vbn-bv.nl/ovinfo/algemeen_en...

You can plan your bus trip in detail with: http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/
    Enter as departure location: Schiphol Train station and disable the train option.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hi,

By the way, the ticket from Schiphol is 20 euros, from Amsterdam Leidseplein it is 23 euros. For kids 4-11 years, it costs 11 euros from both places, so I guess for your baby it might be free...

Cheers
    Dennis

• globetrekker_airen's Profile Photo

by globetrekker_airen Online Now Apr 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Hello PJ and Dennis,

Thank you very much for the detailed answers, I'll check it out in a while.

Since we will not opt for the direct bus anymore, we have to do a train trip from BE to Schipol, then get the local train from Schipol to Nieuw Vennep, then get the bus from Nieuw Vennep to Leiden (saw this direction to Golden Tulip hotel in one site, i hope it is reliable). Do you have suggestions on how to do it faster and easier (considering we are travelling by public transpo w our baby)?

By the way, we are travelling on Easter Break so we are anticipating changes in public transpo schedules and openings of groceries, etc.

** PJ, can we go by bike (with child seat)in just a few minutes to the beach?

** Dennis, you are right, i found also later in the connexion site that it is 20eu only from schipol, not 23eu as shown in the keukenhof site. thanks for the correction.

Thanks again,
    ning

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Ning,

Take the direct Connexxion bus 61 from the Schiphol bus station (outside in front of the Schiphol Plaza Main Hall).
    Traveltime 24 minutes.
    Costs: 8 strips from A STRIPPENKAART, which can be bought at the Schiphol Train ticket office.
    STRIPPENKAART info: vbn-bv.nl/ovinfo/algemeen_en...
    More Schiphol at VT: Schiphol Travel Guide

Easter Monday is cönsidered a "Sunday", so local supermarkets will be closed.

** PJ, can we go by bike (with child seat)in just a few minutes to the beach?>
    Have a look at Google maps:
    maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...

It looks like 7 km (a good half hour cycling)

Jave agreat stay,

Pieter Jan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines