Lisse Travel Answers

change location

Haarlem to Keukenhof flower gardens

by nelsona Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM

What is the best way to travel from Haarlem to the Keukenhof flower gardens and how much time should we set aside for our visit to the gardens. We would also need to return to Haarlem. Thanks, Nancy

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: Haarlem to Keukenhof flower gardens

by unaS Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 6:43 AM

The gardens are huge. If you really enjoy it you can spend a whole day there. I had only 4 hours at my disposal but had a lovely visit.

Can't tell you how to get there from Haarlem. I traveled by direct bus from the airport/train station - half hour trip. So if there is a train from Harlaam to the airport, that might be one way to do it. That is bus #58. You have to buy your ticket at the kiosk, they are not sold on the bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Haarlem to Keukenhof flower gardens

by nelsona Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Thank you for the information. We are excited to see the gardens. Nancy

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hello,

Some information from their site: keukenhof.nl/nm/156/Route.ht...

For a door-to-door advice check http://www.9292ov.nl/ using this tip to translate this site: "Schedules public transport train/bus/metro/tram" - Netherlands Transportation Tip by ATLC

Direct buses go from Haarlem to the Keukenhof, or you can take the train to Leiden first.

Cheers
    Dennis

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Connexxion bus #51 brings you in just under 1 hour travel time directly from the Haarlem Train station to the Keukenhof gardens.

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

hi,
    I visited Keukenhof (which is quite near Haarlem) last year and suggest you reserve 4-5 hours for the gardens. After all, you'll want a leisurely coffee or lunch while there as well.
    It pays to buy tickets online if you can. It saves you queueing at the entrance.
    You can also rent bicycles at Keukenhof itself, with a choice of routes to enjoy the actual flower fields in the neighbourhood. Personally I find them endlessly impressive even if you've seen them all your life.

www.keukenhof.nl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines