Lisbon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fado show or great restaurant with Fado performance

by estelabasso561 Online Now Yesterday

I would like to take my group of 26 people to a Fado show, or to a restaurant with excellent seafood that features Fado. Any suggestions?

more
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Secret Pastelarias?

by milliturtle Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I am going to Lisbon in May. I read somewhere that there are these secret bakeries that operate from night to early morning. I think they are called bolos da madrugada. Unfortunately, they seem to be very much you will find one if you know where it is. (Hence, secret... I know.)

While I am not sure if we will be out that late, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thanks.

more
    • Hotel choice

by MKlaassen Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Lisbon for a week in July.We have points we would like to use up for hotels.
      We can either do the Sheraton or Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza.
      What is the best choice?

more
    • Flights from DFW to Lisbon

by adryok Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi, I'm beginning to plan my first trip to visit my granddaughter at Lajes and hope to spend a few days in the Lisbon area. Since I have plenty of time, but little money, I'm searching for the best flight deal from DFW, TX. Any advice will be appreciated.

more
    • Best ways to travel from Lisbon to Seville Spain

by k.scheessele Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

What has been found to be the most efficient way to get from Lisbon to Seville, Spain, if not renting an auto to drive yourself?

more
    • How much money for a week in Lisbon

by tadelaja Online Now Yesterday

Hi guys, I'll be visiting Lisbon for a week in August with my girlfriend and wanted to know how much spending money per person you would advise us to take, hotel costs excluded. We don't plan on going on any shopping sprees (at least that I'm aware of) so sightseeing, transport, feeding, etc costs.

Many thanks!! :)

more
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

Viagem usage

by Bauhinia2002 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Can one Viagem be used by 2 person travelling together? Do I need to get one for each person, or I can tap the Viagem twice for each to enter?

Thanks!

more
    • kay0674's Profile Photo

To and from airport

by kay0674 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Best way to get to hotel from the airport. Bear in mind we are going on a 10 day cycling tour so will have cycling gear with us (large suitcases) but no bikes! Found one taxi service for 40 euros. Seemed a little high! Thanks.

more
    • Bairro Alto at night

by nessie014 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am a female going to Lisbon alone, and I would really like to go to Bairro Alto to see the nightlife. I don't want to have to walk alone back to where I'm staying near Rossio Square - would it be easy for me to catch a taxi from Bairro Alto?

more
    • leics's Profile Photo

Airport transport.........

by leics Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I'll be in Lisbon the week after next, with a friend. It's been a while since I was there for the Euromeet and public transport has changed a bit since that time.

We'll be landing around 8.30pm and need to get to Restauradores. Aerobus 1 goes there directly or we can take the Metro which involves a change of line at S. Sebastiao.

Apart from the Metro being cheaper, is there any reason why we should choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance. :-)

more
    • How much money for a week in Lisbon

by tadelaja Online Now Yesterday

Hi guys, I'll be visiting Lisbon for a week in August with my girlfriend and wanted to know how much spending money per person you would advise us to take, hotel costs excluded. We don't plan on going on any shopping sprees (at least that I'm aware of) so sightseeing, transport, feeding, etc costs.

Many thanks!! :)

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Fado show or great restaurant with Fado performance

by estelabasso561 Online Now Yesterday

I would like to take my group of 26 people to a Fado show, or to a restaurant with excellent seafood that features Fado. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

Viagem usage

by Bauhinia2002 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Can one Viagem be used by 2 person travelling together? Do I need to get one for each person, or I can tap the Viagem twice for each to enter?

Thanks!

6 Answers Yesterday
    • kay0674's Profile Photo

To and from airport

by kay0674 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Best way to get to hotel from the airport. Bear in mind we are going on a 10 day cycling tour so will have cycling gear with us (large suitcases) but no bikes! Found one taxi service for 40 euros. Seemed a little high! Thanks.

9 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Secret Pastelarias?

by milliturtle Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I am going to Lisbon in May. I read somewhere that there are these secret bakeries that operate from night to early morning. I think they are called bolos da madrugada. Unfortunately, they seem to be very much you will find one if you know where it is. (Hence, secret... I know.)

While I am not sure if we will be out that late, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Hotel choice

by MKlaassen Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Lisbon for a week in July.We have points we would like to use up for hotels.
      We can either do the Sheraton or Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza.
      What is the best choice?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM
    • leics's Profile Photo

Airport transport.........

by leics Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I'll be in Lisbon the week after next, with a friend. It's been a while since I was there for the Euromeet and public transport has changed a bit since that time.

We'll be landing around 8.30pm and need to get to Restauradores. Aerobus 1 goes there directly or we can take the Metro which involves a change of line at S. Sebastiao.

Apart from the Metro being cheaper, is there any reason why we should choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance. :-)

36 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Bairro Alto at night

by nessie014 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am a female going to Lisbon alone, and I would really like to go to Bairro Alto to see the nightlife. I don't want to have to walk alone back to where I'm staying near Rossio Square - would it be easy for me to catch a taxi from Bairro Alto?

17 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Best ways to travel from Lisbon to Seville Spain

by k.scheessele Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

What has been found to be the most efficient way to get from Lisbon to Seville, Spain, if not renting an auto to drive yourself?

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Flights from DFW to Lisbon

by adryok Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi, I'm beginning to plan my first trip to visit my granddaughter at Lajes and hope to spend a few days in the Lisbon area. Since I have plenty of time, but little money, I'm searching for the best flight deal from DFW, TX. Any advice will be appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • How to get from spain to lisbon? How long n how much?

by mubarrah Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get from spain to lisbon n how long it takes?

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • WildSong's Profile Photo

Buying Batteries - Double AA

by WildSong Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Ola,
      how easy is it to find Double AA batteries in Lisbon, and Lagos, Portugal?
      And are they expensive, or inexpensive, compared to Canada?
      or should I just bring a lot of batteries with me?
      James

13 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • DaveRowley's Profile Photo

things to do

by DaveRowley Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

there next saturday 15th....any special events / celebrations to watch

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • GordanaK's Profile Photo

restaurant

by GordanaK Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I want you to suggest my the restaurant where I can eat tasty food, portuguese, not expensive too much, with good service and music!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • What to wear

by bnet Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

60 yr. olds traveling to Lisbon & Salema late August, early September. What should we pack?

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

English or Spanish?

by yavili Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Last time I visited Portugal (6 years ago), I tried speaking Spanish on the street rather than English with the thought that some people would not speak English. Surprisingly people were not that polite and they did not really appreciate me speaking Spanish unlike people in Spain :) Do you think it is offensive to speak Spanish to Portuguese people? Should I stick to English?

19 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

City transport

by yavili Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Hi. I will be visiting Lisboa next week. From what I understand, it is not a very walking friendly city due to hills. Do you recommend to buy the day ticket every day for sightseeing? And what would be the cost of metro from the airport to city center? One final question: do you recommend to take a train or bus to Sintra? Obrigado!

7 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • hang's Profile Photo

budget hotel in Lisbon with free parking

by hang Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I look for one budget hotel ( about 50eur) in Lisbon wit free park place or garage
      thx
      hang

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Changing currency

by jonathanbarker Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Next week I am in Lisbon, and wonder is it best to change GBP to EUR in Lisbon, what is the rate? Are banks better than currency exchanges? Do they have Bureaux de change/cambio..in Central Lisbon? I will be shopping around this week, and see what Thomas Cook, The Post Office, Marks and Spencer have to offer. I will be taking about £200/220Euro, which may affect which is the best place to go.
      Obrigado/ Thank you

9 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • lisbon to santarem to fatima by bus

by whatshername Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM

can I take a bus to Fatima that stops in Santarem on the way? If so how much time can I have to do a short tour of Santarem before continuing to Fatima?

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

cruise ships

by styxgirl Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Is there a lot of cruise ships docking in lisbon? if so, is there certain days that they are there ?is there a websites i can go to see how many ships on any given day?just trying to schedule my days s o that there is not all the cruisers in town,,,thx

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • lisbon shore excursion

by waikei Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Hello, my friends and family will be taking the Costal Serena cruise from Jan 27 to Feb 8. On Feb 3, we will arrive at the Lisbona port and have a whole day for sight seeing from 9:00 am till midnight. Would like to know what the weather is like. How should we travel and do sightseeing. My parents are in the 70s. We were told the off shore excursion provided by the Cruise is expensive and at times not too good.

Hope to hear your comments

7 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

lisbon malaga marseille genoa civitavecchia valencia gibralta

by paulinuk2u Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM

i would like to meet vt members in any of these stops on my cruise, any chance meet for coffe and chat?

1 Answer Jan 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Short stay

by jonathanbarker Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I am planning my next trip, and have for a while been wanting to visit Lisbon. I like the little trams and want to ride on them, as well as take in the scenery, culture and history. I am also hoping if any VT members are living or visiting Lisboa, would they like to meet up for a coffee, beer or lunch. As I work for the railway I would like to know if I can travel to Porto by fast train & back in a day. If not then this will be another visit. Obrigado (thanks)
      Jonathan

12 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Name and place of the statue

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have a photo I took in Lisbon in 1964 and I cannot identify where it is. It is a statue in the middle of a roundabout, and it is NOT a tall column and NOT an equestrian statue. Can anyone tell me what it is, and if it is still there?

cdn3.vtourist.com/4/6923789-...

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • airport buses

by 4005 Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

is there a bus from the airport to the sete rios bus terminal?

5 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    • Good tour companies in Lisbon

by johntirrell Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Any know of some good tour companies that do markets walking tours. Thank you john

4 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    • Ferry in Portugal

by Paulius7 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Hi, Is it possible to reach Lisbon with ferry? Originally we are from Baltic states and looking for the way how to get to Lisbon with car, but its way to much of driving so looking for the ferry for example from Italy.

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    • name of a restaurant near Castle de Jorge

by sessienoj Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

There is little restaurant that looks like an old train cabin inside. Serves salads, sandwiches, ice cream and the best red sangria I've ever had. If anyone knows the name of it and share? I think it had 29 in the name of it.

6 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    • BFFoxPrinceton's Profile Photo

Small but nice hotel

by BFFoxPrinceton Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Looking for a boutique charming hotel with a view of the Tagus River but close to either a metro or attractions. We have only three days between Christmas and New years and want to make the most of it. Can be $200 or slightly over.

5 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM