Lisbon Travel Answers

change location

3 days in Lisbon, what to definitely do?

by IrishKB Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Hi, My husband and I will be in Lisbon for three days in late May -- following a beach tour in Albuefeira. I want to scope out "must do" things. Visiting Sintra seems like something not to miss. It's a full day excursion, right?

Any other tips on things we must see, do, explore? We can't wait! Many thanks in advance -- Kelly

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days in Lisbon, what to definitely do?

by leics Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM

As well as Sintra (and yes, a full day is a good idea) you should not miss the Jeronimos Monastery in Belem (tram 15 from outside Cais do Sodre station), the Medieval Se (cathedral), wandering the historic Alfama district, a ride or several on the elevadores, a whizzy tram ride through Alfama on the number 28, the castle....and lots more.

You won't be short of things to do; have a look at VT's Lisbon pages for info, photos and tips written by local and visiting members (including me). And don't forget to eat some pastries! :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 64novpt's Profile Photo

by 64novpt Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM

First of all, if you like to explore on foot prepare yourself for the hills, they say that they are 7 but really there are a little bit more. Confortable shoes is a must.
    Since in late May there are already enough light hours my sugestion for you day trip to Sintra is, take an early train visit sintra palaces, quintas and castle eat a typical pastry "travesseiro" at Piriquita. Then around 6pm take scotturb bus 403 - Sintra to Cascais (it's a magnific itinerary that goes by the coast), have a dinner at Cascais by the sea then return by train to Lisboa.

• rkearns's Profile Photo

by rkearns Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

i wouldn't miss fado in the alfama district. go to a little bar where they have beautiful live soul-wretching music!

youtube.com/watch?v=ygGR8p_e...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines