Lisbon Travel Answers

change location
styxgirl's Profile Photo

hotel info

by styxgirl Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I am looking at budget hotels for 4 nights in lisbon. I found Pensao flor da baixa and residecial joao XXI. which one would you choose? more safe?better location?thanks for the help

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: hotel info

by LowCostatAllCosts Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Not sure what your budget is exactly, but I've also stayed at the Pensao Residencial Roma and would recommend it: prontohotel.com/prt/lisbon/p.... The location was great and the room was just what I needed.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

Re: hotel info

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Linda, Lisbon has loads of budget accommodations - B&B's or as they're referred to there as Pensao, Residencias and inexpensive little hotels. The choices are endless even within the old city alone which if I were you the best part of Lisbon to base yourself in making the main sights and far more interesting neighborhoods within your reach especially if you want to explore them on foot. They're the most reasonable in so far as budget places to stay in at but bear in mind that Lisbon is a superbly hilly city and your easy access to public transport i.e. metro, trams and buses depend greatly on how and where your hotel is situated at. And you also have to keep in mind the overall cautionary safety factor which we as travellers can never take for granted especially during evening hours. Tho, Lisbon, let me assure you is a city generally safe (compared to other European cities of her size) with mostly just the problem of pickpocket which one may by unfortunate circumstance encounter in public buses and trams (be on the lookout especially when riding the old 1920's trams!). That said, you can greatly minimize any chance of petty crime occurring by choosing a central, well-populated and well-lit neighborhood.

On VT itself, there are so many hotel listings in Lisbon of all categories experienced and also patronized by co-members you browsed thru and compare,.

• anaanes's Profile Photo

by anaanes Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Pensão Flor looks good to me :)

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Linda, if you're looking to save money, you'll be better off going directly yourself to the hotel of your choice and make the booking. You'd save money especially if you're staying at the same pensao/hotel for say, 4 days or more. But you need to haggle for this. Savings you won't obtain by going thru a middle man. Also, I'd avoid accommodation that are so-named 'Quinta' which almost always designate for a high-end establishment. They're great quality inn for sure and superbly worth the experience but clearly not in terms of saving money. On the other hand, if you want to splurge, here's your chance!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines