Lisbon Travel Answers

change location

bus from Lisbon to Fatima

by datton1999 Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I heard that bus to Fatima is more convenient. Do I need reservations in advance and can we take luggage on board? How much time do you think we need to explore Fatima? Thank you.
We will travel 29 April from Lisbon to Fatima.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Arimateia's Profile Photo

Re: bus from Lisbon to Fatima

by Arimateia Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I´ve traveled from lisbon to fátima by bus (Expresso) the last time last year, you can buy the ticket on the website http://www.rede-expressos.pt/ or directly on the station on the travel day,
    If you buy it online and roundtrip is cheaper.
    You can take your luggage on the bus

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Arimateia Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Arimateia wrote:

I´ve traveled from lisbon to fátima by bus (Expresso) the last time last year, you can buy the ticket on the website http://www.rede-expressos.pt/ or directly on the station on the travel day, If you buy it online and roundtrip is cheaper. You can take your luggage on the bus

Be the first to rate this answer!

by Arimateia Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

The bus takes arround1,30h and single ticket costs €11,50.

2 members found this helpful

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Taking the bus to Fatima from Lisbon is probably your best bet (unless you do taxi hire which would be costly; train would tho more comfortable will drop you a good distance from Fatima itself) if travelling there on your own. There are day trips on a package deal you can arrange with your hotel wherein you'd be picked up early morning and returned by evening. But sounds to me your trip to Fatima is a one-way fare. The bus is fairly easy to catch, inexpensive and runs regularly out of Lisbon if I'm not mistaken still from Sete Rios. Travel time about 2 hours.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:31 AM

The buses to Fátima do leave from Sete Rios bus station in Lisbon. This is next to the metro station Jardim Zoologico or the train station Sete Rios. It is located a few km from the city centre. Reservations are advised if travelling around the time of the important events.

The nearest train station to Fátima is 20km from the town. A taxi ride from there into town (there are very few buses) would cost more than the bus fare all the way from Lisbon.

• Re: bus from Lisbon to Fatima

by yourmatadorman Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Sorry, I do not have this information, above answers seem to be positive. Happy travels MMM

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

The distance from the bus station to where Our Lady appeared is only a few blocks from the bus station. Just walk up the hill and up the steps then turn right for about 2 blocks.

Inside there is the place where Our Lady appeared and a path for those who wish to do penance by approaching on their knees. There is a Basilica to go through, where the 3 children are buried up at the front. Then there is a center to be able to go through. If you want, there is a place behind the basilica full of olive trees where you can picnic. Also there is a place where you can put a candle to have prayers offered. Outside the official area are numerous shops with all kinds of keepsakes.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines