Lisbon Travel Answers

change location
artonice's Profile Photo

From Lisbon to Santiago de Compestela

by artonice Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Hi,
We have a flight to Santiago de Compostela on the first week of July.We want to visit Lisbon and Porto in a week..It seems that a bus trip will be suitable to Porto and train from Porto to Lisbon.I also search for how to get from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela directly.Flights are too much expensive.Bus trip is so long and in daytime.Do you have any other suggestions for me?Is there a bus at night time ?Is there any other place to stop between Lisbon and Santiago De Compostela?Thanks for sharing.
Eylem

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gmg61's Profile Photo

Re: From Lisbon to Santiago de Compestela

by gmg61 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Bertween Lisbon and Santiago de Compostela there's lot to see. Apart from Oporto, I'll say Nazare, Coimbra, Aveiro, Braga, Viana do Castelo, Valença do Minho, Pontevedra, just to remain on the main cities.

Don''t know of night buses from Lisbon to Santiago. ALSA has a ride from Lisboa Oriente d. 7.30 a. 18.00. it also stops in many of the cities above quoted.

Cheers.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • artonice's Profile Photo

by artonice Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• risse73's Profile Photo

by risse73 Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Hi Eylem,

I see the trip is slated for the 1st week of July. I've searched around for a direct bus trip from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela in the evening, but it seems like there's none. The Movelia motor coach website only lists ALSA for this route and the scheduled bus trip is for 7:30 to 18:00 OR 7:45 to 18:00 on July 8th. Alternatively, you can take an international overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid (I did this before), and from Madrid, you can fly back to Compostela in order to take your flight back home. This is a much longer route (and exhausting) and may be more burdensome cost-wise than compared to just taking a direct bus from Lisbon to SDC during the day.

Good Luck & Enjoy Your Trip!

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM

There are no night-time buses across the border in that region. Apart from the ALSA bus, the AUTNA company has four daytime buses Porto - Vigo on weekdays, one on Saturdays and Sundays. From Vigo it is easy to get to Santiago de Compostela by train.

AUTNA website www.autna.com

There are also two rather slow trains each day Porto (Campanhã) to Vigo. Reservation is not available for those. Times at cp.pt/StaticFiles/CP/Imagens...

but check nearer the date of travel in case of changes or, more likely, the service being discontinued.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines