Linköping Travel Answers

change location

hotels near Folkungavallen

by coryma Online Now Feb 25, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Hello--

First time posting. I'm trying to do some preliminary research into an eventual trip to Linkoping, primarily to go see LFC of the Damallsvenskan. I have followed one of their goalkeepers through her website for a few years (since she was transferred from Malmo FF. I am trying to get an idea of which hotels may be near the Folkungavallen, which is apparently where LFC plays. Tack!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: hotels near Folkungavallen

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Here is a page where you can see where the stadium:

hitta.se/ViewDetailsPink.asp...

The "J" is the railway station and the red church is the cathedral so here you see that it is not that far from the centre.

This hotel is one I always see from the train Malmö-Stockholm:

http://www.stanga.se/

It is very close to the station and on the road to the stadium. No idea what it is like though.

I think VT member lasseg is from Linköping so he might have more tips.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: hotels near Folkungavallen

by coryma Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for your research. Now I gotta get onto linkoping.se and learn about bus/commuter rail routes and their airport. I sure hope the airport isn't in the boondocks like Pittsburgh (USA) is. :(

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: hotels near Folkungavallen

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 2:02 AM

Linköping has an airport (only to be expected since it is a plane-manufacturing city!) but it's not that international. I think you can get there by connections from Copenhagen though so that might be a transatlantic option. Otherwise, it's not difficult to reach Linköping by train from Stockholm (nor Malmö but then it's further).

• RE: RE: RE: hotels near Folkungavallen

by coryma Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 9:29 AM

So does Pittsburgh (population 330,000 or so), but it's 30km or so from the city. It's still within the county (county falling between city/town and state in the US), but it's in the sticks. Very inconvenient to downtown, or really any city district.

• RE: RE: hotels near Folkungavallen

by coryma Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 10:43 PM

Looks quite nice! Not huge, but for teams like LFC (and apparently LFF), no need for 50,000 seats. Looks like kind of a suburban neighborhood, too. Maybe not?

Thanks immensely, everyone. Between you guys and amerikanska.com, I'm learning a ton.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines