Travel Answers
Lindoso

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anyone time free tomorrow (tuesday afternoon/evening) in Lisbon?

Lisbon Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Lisbon tomorrow, is there anyone who wants to show me around a bit? Not looking for a touristic tour or anything, just to visit some nice places and nice people and have a bite and some drinks :)

I have a car available and will stay in the Lost Inn Hostel. I'm very passionate about cooking and restaurants so if you feel like going out for a nice dinner I would totally be up for that. I can't afford to pay for everything but a couple of drinks will definitely be on me! I'll be there around 17:00/18:00 local time :)

About myself: 28, Netherlands, working man, visiting a friend near Faro for a couple of days.

Let me know if you feel like it!

more
    • Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

more
    • Local lace

Madeira Island 13 hours ago

What are the best places to purchase lace items on Madeira?

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

more
    • Place to Store Luggage ?

Aveiro Dec 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi All...I would be Travelling to Portugal Post christmas and would like to know if there is any option to keep luggage in Aveiro for half day so that i can head back to Lisbon. Its bit to explore the city along with the bags.

Any help is much appreciated.

ManyThanks,
      Sadha

more
    • Taxis outside the railwat station in Vila Real San Antonio.

Vila Real de Santo António Dec 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I will be arriving at VRSA Railway station next Monday afternoon and will need a taxi to Hotel Apolo.
      Do taxis wait outside the station when the trains from Faro arrive?

more
    • Traveling alone

Lisbon Dec 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I am a black female looking to travel to Lisbon alone. Would you say it is safe for me to do so??

more
    • Salamanca to Porto

Portugal Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I've been researching the train and bus options to get from Salamanca to Porto. It seems that the train requires a transfer and the bus (ALSA) only has one departure a day. Any other options to get from one city to the other?
      Thank you.

more
    • Information required for this city

Lisbon Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I last visited Lisbon over 30 years ago so it would have changed dramatically.
      1. I would like to get from the airport to a hotel in Lisbon city centre by train or bus. Which one do you recommend and what are the costs?
      2. I am looking for a decent three star hotel, comfortable but as we will be out and about all the time a clean hotel for sleeping. Can you recommend a reasonably priced one that enable my wife and I to get around.
      3. I have heard that the areas across the Tagus are dirty and rundown as well as the ferries. Is this the case or not? I remember going across the river and eating at some very nice restaurants. Is it recommended to visit this area or not?
      4. I am taking the overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid. How far is the main train station from the city centre?
      5. When is the best time to book this train and what are the costs of tickets? We will be visiting Lisbon inlate September 2015.

more