Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more
    • catchfab's Profile Photo

Responsible shop owners.

by catchfab Online Now Oct 26, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I recently went to Lindos, Rhodes. I purchased a knife depicting the knights of Rhodes and the shop owner adamantly assured me that anything under 60cm didn't have to be declared when coming back into Australia. I stupidly believed him. I did not get a receipt, but the shop was near the Estia cafe not far from where the donkey rides start. I think it was called Traditonal Greek handicrafts.

Not only was the knife taken off me when I returned to Australia, but had I not declared it then I would be facing ten years jail for bringing in a prohibited item, not to mention being almost a hundred dollars out of pocket.
      There was only one shop that sold knives as I checked just about every other one to compare prices.
      My question is should shop owners in tourist destinations be accountable for false information?? What are we going to do once we return? We can't take the item back. I really wish I could give this owner a piece of my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to read this..Anne

4 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Blue bay resturant/taverna in Lindos

by androulla Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 12:17 AM

My mums best friends use to own a restaurant in Lindos it was called the Blue Bay Restaurant.
      Can any one tell me if it is still open as we have lost all contact details with them.

My mum would like to plan a visit but it they are not there any more she would be very disappointed.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • lindos motor cycle rent?

by sarahdwaine Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM

can you rent motor cycles in lindos and is falaraki easy accessible?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Tsambika villa Olympic holidays

by Sallylamb Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM

We are staying here later this month, has anyone stayed there? Also does anyone know if room has safe?
      Thanks

• Bus services on a Sunday

by lcjmiller Online Now May 26, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Staying in Kolymbia and spending a night in Lindos on the Saturday, so will be traveling home on the Sunday. What are the services like on a Sunday if there are any? Thanks

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • is it still available to rent?

by janetstephenson Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I stayed in a privately owned villa 28 years ago that looked across the roof tops to the acropolis, it was quite a steep walk back to it on an evening, it had immediately behind it a craggy rock shelf that had hollowed out tombs in the rock face. the villa was unusual in that each room had its own door on to the veranda and was built in an L shape, it had a tiny garden in front of the veranda. If I could find a virtual map of Lindos I might be able to find it but I cant, can you help please?

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • lindos by bus, return by boat?

by jprichie Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Is it possible, and easy to find a boat back to rhodes city if we travel there by bus in the
      morning? How much should we expect to pay for the boat trip?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    • EamonM's Profile Photo

price of lindos

by EamonM Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

can anyone tell me the cost of beer and food in lindos?im going out there next week and im wondering how much i should bring ?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • Restaurant TAMBAKIO Lindos

by GENDROT Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I want to know the telephon number of TAMBAKIO ???
      please reply to mgendrot@free.fr
      thanks

5 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    • Sunshinelyn's Profile Photo

Could you recommend a local photographer

by Sunshinelyn Online Now Jul 20, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Hi,we was married in Lindos 10 years ago and we loved it so much we've planned to return to renew our wedding vows at St Pauls chapel. We did use a local photographer last time who had a shop in the centre of Lindos but we can't seem to find his address. Would anyone have any contact details please? We are bringing our grandchildren - it's so exciting! Thank you.
      Lynn

2 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    • beamer4fun's Profile Photo

Holiday weather and activities

by beamer4fun Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Greetings fellow Vters, considering a trip to Lindos in December for the holidays. What kind of weather can I expect in the Lindos area, and are there any special events during Christmas or new year week? Doing a little pre-planning and any help is greatly appreciated.

Beamer

3 Answers Jul 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    • Lindos Hotel

by anwenmorris Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Hey All!

A group of four of us in our mid 30s are hoping to go to Lindos in May. We are looking for a hotel (preferably all inclusive) close to the center. Any suggestions welcome!

We saw a good deal for Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas but apparently its quite far out...

Thanks!
      Anwen

3 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    • Walking distance from Lindos town center to south side beach St. Paul's Bay....

by CGODEZ Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Hi! Can anyone tell me the approximate walking distance/time (considering I'm an avid walker)it takes to get from say the town center in Lindos where the shuttle/taxi drops you off all the over to the far south side beach at St. Paul's Bay where the little church is located?
      Thanks for any help here!
      CGODEZ

2 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    • NEED A VILLA FOR 2 X WEEKS IN SEPTEMBER IN LINDOS

by ameliamciver Online Now Jun 29, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Does anyone have any contacts for a Villa for 2 x weeks in September - must have a pool!!!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 1:18 AM
    • going to lindos in the end of june or August

by antoniocrespo Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM

hello ,is any one knows if is easy to find a place to sleep in this time of the year(end of june or August) in lindos?is any one have seen if there is any street artist there to make a caricature?,i may go with my family and we all want one ..thanks

1 Answer Jul 20, 2009 at 3:05 AM
    • Urgent (departing today!):Studios in Lindos - do they provide towels and bedding? (Afroditi Studios)

by nosdrahcir Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 5:31 AM

This might seem like a stupid question, but do low-ish cost studios in Lindos provide towels and bedding, or are you expected to bring them with you?

If anyone can give any guidance that'd be great - Travel agent thinks so, but hasn't got back to me to give a definite answer...though VTers would be able to come to my rescue!

1 Answer Jul 1, 2008 at 5:41 AM
    • Greek dancing in Lindos

by x-Amy-x Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Hi,
      I was wondering whether anybody knows of anywhere to look out for the traditional Greek dancing in Lindos. I've enjoyed several Greek dancing evenings during previous holidays on other Greek islands, but when we were in Thassos last year we didn't see any mention of it. Having never visited Lindos before I thought it might be good to know if there was anywhere to look out for before we go on holiday.
      Thank you,
      Amy x

• taxi prices

by abs909 Online Now May 23, 2008 at 4:42 PM

does anyone know how much a taxi costs from Lindos to the airport

3 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    • contact kalypso

by elawrence041 Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Does anyone know how to contact the kalypso restaraunt, as i wish to book for my wedding reception but the number 00302244032135 does not seem to work.

regards jason

2 Answers Apr 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM
    • Lindos holiday

by x-Amy-x Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 3:47 AM

Thank you to everyone who replied to my questions in the Rhodes island forum - I only just realised there was a seperate section dedicated to Lindos!
      Has anybody stayed in the Luxury studios/appartments (Kosmar) in Lindos? I was wondering what they're like. Also, what temperature is it likely to be in June - hopefully nice and hot?! Any where to particularly look out for? taverna's? nightlife? shopping? Any advice on how to make the most of the holiday really - I'm so excited!
      Amy x

• ViLLa-PaNoRaMa.gr

by edie25 Online Now Nov 5, 2006 at 3:28 AM

http://www.villa-panorama.gr any reviews about this villa in pefkos?

• babs2006's Profile Photo

Efrosin/Anestis studios

by babs2006 Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Has anyone recently stayed at the Efrosini/Anestis studios/appartments? I have booked through Libra Holidays. I have been to Lindos many times but this will be the first trip with my boyfriend (who has never visited Greece before) and also the first time in this accomodation and with this tour operator. Just want to know they are ok and where exactly they are located, got a feeling they might be somewhere near the church......Thanks

1 Answer Jul 30, 2007 at 11:07 AM
    • Apartments

by lulu06 Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 1:03 AM

Hi
      Has anyone stayed at the Marianthi apartments in Lindos? I'm going there in september and would like to know how people rate the apartments and also what bars and shops are nearby?

• transfer time and apartment

by lulu06 Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 1:41 AM

Hi everyone
      I'm travelling to lindos for the first time in september with my boyf
      and i wonderd if anyone could tell me the transfer time from rhodes to lindos. Some people have told me its 2hours and others have said it is only 45mins. Also i am staying at Marianthi studios and wonderd if anyone has stayed there and what it is like

4 Answers Sep 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    • Single holiday in Aug/ Sept 2006

by dgrainger Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 3:47 PM

Hello visited Lindos for the second time in June and enjoyed myself that much I want to go back later this year. Can anyone suggest the best way to get a cheap holiday in either Aug/ Spet for a single bloke- website travel comps etc. Also what is he weather like in Aug/ Sept? Thankyou in anticipation of your help.

• has anyone stayed at SKAMANGAS STUDIOS in Lindos

by chris14 Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 11:59 AM

trying to find out about Skamangas studios in Lindos any takers;

1 Answer Jul 29, 2006 at 2:05 AM
    • hairdresser

by joolywooly Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Hi, im getting married in Lindos next year. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hairdresser for me and my bridesmaids?

3 Answers Nov 10, 2006 at 4:44 AM
    • ACCOMODATION

by chris14 Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 5:55 AM

Has anyone heard of the following accomodation and what do people think

Efrosini, Chrysa, Marretta, Nikolakis.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    • second-hand books

by davidburrows Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 3:50 PM

is there a second-hand/excange bookshop in lindos, and is there an ok selection at reasonable prices? any help would be much appreciated as i get thru a book a day lyimg on a greek beach, and i dont want 2 pay xcess baggage!
      thanx

2 Answers May 7, 2006 at 7:18 AM
    • Harley Davidson

by marshalfish Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 2:25 AM

Hi,
      On previous trips to Rhodes, we have rented a Harley Davidson from the " Hire-A-Harley", premises in Ixia, but the last time we visited, it was shut. Does anyone know if you can still get a Harley forthe day anywhere on the island?

Thanks

1 Answer Dec 1, 2005 at 8:31 AM