Limousin Travel Answers

change location
flyingkiwi's Profile Photo

A trip to Limoges

by flyingkiwi Online Now Jan 1, 2003 at 10:25 AM

Hi, I know the New Year has only just begun but I am already getting itchy feet. Therefore, I'm thinking of taking a cheap flight over to Limoges later this month and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether there would be much going on this time of the year? Is it a city which is worth a visit? What is there to do there and where can I visit in the surrounding area? I'm thinking of spending 3-4 nights there in total. Any feedback would be welcome! Fk

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Darby2's Profile Photo

Re: A trip to Limoges

by Darby2 Online Now Jan 1, 2003 at 10:32 AM

Itchy feet, eh? Have you considered Dr. Scholl's foot pads....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fredw's Profile Photo

by fredw Online Now Jan 1, 2003 at 12:02 PM

Betty and I stayed 3 days in Limoges 2001. We stayed at a nice small hotel just on the edge of town and rented a car. The pottery is notworthy and the cattle are famous. A small castle, in town, houses a nice little museum. The countryside was very pastoral, old farm villages and logging in the forests. Of course the food was good old french country. Loved that for sure. enjoy fred

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Jan 1, 2003 at 3:41 PM

Bordeaux, Tours, Limoges are all noteworthy. But why so far apart? Concentrate on one region is what I'd advise. Pick a theme, maybe: Go cognac tasting in the Aquitaine (just above Bordeaux in the Cognac region) and don't forget that lovely apéritif Pineau de Charentes. Or do a old architecture: Tours, Blois, Chartres. If you have a car, buy the excellent B&B guide of Gîtes de France and the hotelguide Logis de France and tour a little, staying at farms and nice town houses. www.gites-de-france.fr

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Limousin Travel Answer Locations