Limone sul Garda Travel Answers

change location

Travelling from Limone Sul Garda

by AdzyPower Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

Im am staying in Limone Sul Garda for a week and am very excited.

Me and my partner would love to visit Verona and Venice during our stay but are unsure how to achieve this, bus/taxi/train/ferry? and to what destinations are best to use for each mode of transport?

any help along with estimated costs would be very much appreciated as we have heard going with our tour operator can prove very expensive.

Regards,

Adam

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Manara's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling from Limone Sul Garda

by Manara Online Now Dec 29, 2009 at 4:50 AM

I would advise to devote one whole day to a trip to Verona and another one to a trip to Venice. In fact Limone is on the North-West side of the lake, so it takes at least two hours to get to Verona, and one hour more to reach Venice.

There are two possible routes: 1) going by boat to Malcesine and from Malcesine to Verona by bus. 2) Going to Desenzano by bus and from there to Verona by train.

Between Verona and Venice the best connections are by train.

In this website you will find the timetables of the various bus lines in the area of the Garda lake: lagodigardamagazine.com/inde...

This is the page for boat connections: navigazionelaghi.it/eng/gar/...

The webpage for trains is www.trenitalia.com

Please note that timetables in winter are different from the summer ones, anyway they will be posted on the same web pages.

If you need further help to understand the timetables do not hesitate to ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travelling from Limone Sul Garda

by AdzyPower Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Thanks for your help.

I'm studying the bus time tables now and seem to be understanding them......so far. I will let you know if i get stuck.

Would it be possible for you to tell me where i am able to purchase bus, train or boat tickets? Is it best to order them before i leave the UK or is it easy enough to get hold of them once i am there as i won't have an internet connection etc.

Regards,

Adam

• Manara's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling from Limone Sul Garda

by Manara Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM

You don't need to make reservations in advance. For the buses I don't even think it is possible to reserve a seat.
    With regard to where to buy the tickets, I don't know about the buses, because different towns have different systems, so when you are in Limone you should ask the Tourist Information office, it is even possible that they can sell you the bus tickets.
    For the train you buy the ticket at the station, and for the boat there is a ticket office at the boat-landing.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Limone sul Garda