Limerick Travel Answers

change location

Please help

by teracino Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 1:51 AM

My husband & I are planning a trip to Limerick (I was told it was the best place to stay when flying into Shannon Airport). We only have 3 days with no car, & need to find bus or train tours, to see the sights. I was told to go to Adare, but have no idea how to get there. I was also told that Ennis is a nice place to visit the sights, along with Bunratty castle. Also, Galway was mentioned. Anyone have any ideas as to how to spend 3 days when one is not driving? I'm also wondering how much is there to do in Limerick itself? We are thinking of staying at the Clarion, for the walking distance.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

RE: Please help

by orlikins Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 6:59 AM

There is loads to do in Limerick, you'll cover everything in three days. See my Limerick page for more info.

You can get to Adare, Galway or Ennis by bus from Limerick bus station in Parnell St, so don't panic. I'd skip Bunratty, it is a total tourist trap, awful.

Adare is basically a picturesque village on the River Maigue, with good restaurants and the Adare Manor house - you can go around the grounds. It's only 10 miles away from Limerick.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines