Travel Answers
Limavady

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning short visit using public transportation (Ulster Bus, day trips and popular tours)

Northern Ireland Jul 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM

I arrive Dublin end of August. Have been to Belfast previously on day trip also Mourne Mountains region.
      I will not be driving and need some help please on best way to accomplish sightseeing taking several day trips. I looked for a short coach tour which would include sightseeing and hotel but did not see anything listed on UK tour sites. Which city is good choice as base? Are there more tours out of Belfast? Might like to take 3 or 4 scenic tours and did see Carrickfergus on one of the brochures I received from tourist office in NYC. Have not been to this town previously.

If I can pack it in might like to visit Titanic exhibit and if staying in hotel would like to take walks (if its safe enough for solo traveler) in evening, to see city historic places. I am active and enjoy walking and hiking.

Would appreciate hearing from members with some suggestions, also some hotels that I might consider, or B&B guest houses in case accommodation is limited since its peak season. What area of Belfast is good for overnights or what other towns where I can get good bus routes to some of the scenic areas making stops. Will need to return to Dublin or areas close to Enniskillen for next leg of journey. Many thanks to all.

more
    • Scenic day trips by Bus to Glens and Coastal route

Northern Ireland 20 hours ago

Had considered making overnight stop near Mourne Mountains in Co. Down. I now have some brochures from Tourist office in NY and considering using Belfast for first overnight, taking bus to Carrickfergus next day to see scenic route and hope to have time next day to see Ballycastle. Do I need to have B&Bs reserved in advance as do not see many listed on websites? I would then need to get Ulster Bus back in direction of Enniskillen. Any help much appreciated. Is it possible for me to pack these day tours into 3 and a half days and have some time to see some Belfast city sites? What kind of multi ride bus tickets are available if this is easiest way and avoid wasting time in stations. Please let me have comments. Going end of August.  Need suggests for Belfast accommodation as well as other stopovers. Thanks to all.

more