Lima Travel Answers

change location
Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Where in "Minaflores should we stay?

by Tickled_Pink Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

We would like to explore Lima/Minaflores for about 3 days. One day will be a day trip to Nazca. WE have been told to stay in Minaflores instead of Lima to visit more sites etc.

If this is the case, where in Minaflores should we stay close to transportation and sites?

THank you.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Where in "Minaflores should we stay?

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

It is MiRaflores...... where do you want to visit whilst in Lima? Most tourists are directed to Miraflores and this probably is best to do if you are at all nervous about not being with other tourists. There are no specific sites in Miraflores, except for Huaca Pucllana and a few small museums for which you need to make an appointment. However, it is convenient in that a lot of things catering to tourist are located in the area e.g. tours and places to eat (the latter are more expensive than you would find elsewhere). The tours leave from Parque Kennedy, right in the centre - the open top bus to the centro historico is a good one to take if you don't have much time in Lima. You will get an overview of the centro historico.

How are you going to get to Nazca? Is this a private tour which will collect you from your hotel? Or is itas private tour that departs from the Cruz del Sur bus station? Or are you travelling independently by bus? There is now a flight from Lima to Nazca via Pisco. The day trip will be a VERY long one, regardless of mode of transport.

Lima is a huge and sprawling city and nothing is near anywhere. The airport is a good way away, as is the centro historico. However, it is easier enough to reach places from Miraflores. Any hotel in Miraflores, near the centre, would be fine. There is a good choice. I cannot suggest any as we always rent a flat and not in Miraflores.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: Where in "Minaflores should we stay?

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Miraflores is part of greater Lima, a so-called upmarket sea-side suburb of Lima. The main reason many tourists prefer to stay in Miraflores is the perceived better safety than staying in the city centre. I have been to Lima twice n in both occasions stayed near the historic centre because thats where the main attractions are, around Plaza des Armas. There is a huge modern mall called Lacormar in Miraflores n many hotels can be found near there. To get to the historic centre u can take a taxi which is about 20 min away depending on traffic.

• bill32's Profile Photo

Re: Where in

by bill32 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have stayed at the Garden hotel twice. Reasonable prices, good service and it is located near shopping and lots of restraurants. The big indoor mall is about 10 minutes by taxi.

GARDEN HOTEL
    Rivera Navarrete 450, San Isidro Lima - PerĂº
    Telephone: +511 442-1771 / Fax: +511 222-7157
    reservas@gardenhotel.com.pe
    www.gardenhotel.com.pe

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Where in

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I think it is wise to stay in Miraflores. Downtown or historical Lima is fine during the day but becomes definitely sketchy to travel out in the evening.

There are many good hotels in Mira Flores and many of them seem to be located near the Larco Mar Mall .The closer to the mall it seems the higher the prices. I would suggest that you consider the Four Points by Sheraton. It's one of the newer hotels with very nice large rooms at very reasonable prices. Depending on when you travel you may be able to get a large room for two or four people for the equivalent of under $ 100 US. It is located about ten minutes from the mall. You can also arrange transportation to the airport from the hotel. here is a link;

starwoodhotels.com/fourpoint...

Be prepared that if you travel downtown during the day that Lima has some of the most congested traffic and crazy drivers you will see. Check out the VT pages on Lima. Mine is over five years so check on the more up to date ones.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines