Lilongwe Travel Answers

change location
jfromhannover's Profile Photo

going to Malawi in July

by jfromhannover Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 4:28 AM

We want to go to Malawi in July on vacation for about 4 weeks.
We are looking for cheap flights from Germany to Malawi and nice places in Malawi? Any suggestions for us? For sure, we will go to the lake Malawi to the Nkwichi Lodge. Any experiences?Is it possible to rent a car? And if yes, where and how much does is cost per day?
Looking forward for some information.
Thanks in advance
fromhannover

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • LukeIRL's Profile Photo

RE: going to Malawi in July

by LukeIRL Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Hi.
    KLM/Kenya Airways do cheap flights from Amsterdam-Nairobi-Lilongwe(Malawi) for about €800 return. I have heard Nkwichi Lodge is beautiful, and check out Kaya Mawa lodge too, on Likoma Island, which is supposed to be great too.

If you like the outdoors, Mulanje mountain in the south is unmissable, even if you only go to swim in the waterfalls. Mzuzu market is always a fun place to visit, and Nkhata Bay is the best place for a party, while Nkhwazi Lodge or Makuzi Beach are two other lodges for relaxation. I would recommend visiting Livingstonia, which is a beautiful place to go hiking, although I doubt a rented car would make it up the road - you could walk it.

Cars can be rented easily in Lilongwe and Blantyre, ask the airport. It's not expensive, and fuel is a bit cheaper than Europe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines