Lillehammer Travel Answers

change location

where can i rent an apartment for 1/2 months

by Mr_wizard Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 6:04 AM

Can anyone tell me where to get an apartment in lillehammer near the centre of town or as close as possible, any help people can offer on this would be great, thanks michael

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Saagar's Profile Photo

RE: where can i rent an apartment for 1/2 months

by Saagar Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 7:01 AM

Heisan!
    I do not know any details at this moment, but I have two suggestions, no, three:
    1)Check what Gjestebu has on offer (you'll find it on my VT Lillehammer accommodation pages).
    2)Check with the tourist office - they should have an idea and are quite happy about not-the-normal-run-of-questions; just search Lillehammer and tourist information etc. on the web, and you'll come up with something. There are not any competing tourist info agencies in Norway. If you are visiting out-of-school/college season, the student housing will be converted to renat apartments via the tourist office.
    3) Check with "Høyskolen i Lillehammer" - check www.hil.no . This is the local university college with about 2000 students, and they have an outfit assisting their students and lecturers with flats for the term or any relevant number of months or years. Without knowing exactly myself, you should be able to find something through student services department etc.
    4) If you come to Lillehammer for a hospital stunt, the hospital will have flats for trainees etc - get in direct touch with them.
    5) If coming for skiing, consider staying in the resorts near Lillehammer, Sjusjøen or Nordseter. Check places via the tourist info pages and from there get in direct touch with whatever outfit you find suitable. Or in Lillehammer, try Birkebeineren, just next to the Olympic Park.
    Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines