change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Specific Shops

Beijing Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

more
    • Art exhibitions in Shanghai

Shanghai Dec 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello guys, I arrived in Shanghai some weeks ago and will stay here for a couple of months to do a student exchange. Anyway, I recently walked through the Bund and passed by a hotel/art exhibition at the 'Swatch Art Peace Hotel'. They currently have a very nice exhibition, I guess it's called 'Faces & Traces'. My place is very near to the campus of the Fudan university. Do you know by chance any similar interesting museums or art exhibition in that area?

Cheers,

Scotty

more
    • kimo71's Profile Photo

chinese courses

China Nov 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I want to learn chinese language .where can i find best and economic place in china?

more
    • z visa border run?

China Dec 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I worked in China some years ago, and now I'm thinking about it again. :)
      Can you get a z visa (after getting a contract) at a Chinese consulate in Thaiand or Hong Kong, or have the rules changed to your home country (such as Australia) only?

more
    • Yangjing's Profile Photo

I'm in lanzhou .wanna make friends

Lanzhou Dec 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I'm in lanzhou city .is midwest of china ,I wanna get new foreigner friends in my life,I'm female,and I have study abroad experience
      If anyone wanna make friend or in this city wanna some helps ,can find me .my wechart ID:yangjing7866

more
    • travelling from Guangzhou international airport to Grand Hyatt hotel

Guangzhou Dec 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM

What would be the best way to travel to the hotel?

more
    • rosielim's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport to Dongmen

Shenzhen Dec 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Hi, Is there another way to travel to Dongmen besides taxi? I understand that they do not use meters. What is the price like? I have booked a hotel in Dongmen for easy shopping. What are the places of interests in ShenZhen that I can visit besides shopping :P And may i know what will the temperature be during 1 Jan 2015. Tks& Rgds, Rosie

more
    • ABOUT GUANGZHOU

Guangzhou Nov 24, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi I am hearing negative feedbacks on safety issues in Guangzhou China. I am planning to travel soon to meet some manufacturers at Shang Ming Building, at Qifu Road, Baiyun district, Guangzhou together with my 2 other business partners. We are all Singaporean Indians and don not speak English. We are only planning to stay for 3 days only. This is our first time travelling to China. Please share your point of view on the safety issues at Guangzhou and please advise which hotel is safe or highly recommended. Looking for your response Thank you so much Patricia

more
    • gkaralakis's Profile Photo

Shangai .. when..?

Shanghai Dec 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Which is the best period to visit Shangai, and the other cities there..? Not at the pick of touristic period..!
      Good morning..
      George

more
    • Skeena63's Profile Photo

Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Dec 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

We will be traveling to Taiwan in January with china Southern but have an overnight layover in Guangzhou. We have heard that the Guangzhou Airport is horrible. :( anyone else feel the same way?
      Has anyone had a layover with China Southern in Guangzhou and stayed at their free hotel? If so which hotel and was there a market or something of interest near to it?
      Thank you

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Visa needed for China layover?

China Dec 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi,

Looking for the best deal from Houston to Japan I found a flight that makes a layover in China ..In Beijing to be exact for like 5 hrs..

i'm about to purchase the ticket however I want to make sure I don't need any paperwork or visa to stay in the airport.. as I will be only "in transit"

Somebody has information on this or direct me with who I could ask?

thanks

more
    • To get a Chinese Visa or not?

Lhasa Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi guys:
      In jUne 2015, my friend and I are planning to drive out of Kathmandu to visit Lhasa (Tibet), and then fly back to Kathmandu. question is, do we need a Chinese visa and Tibet permit, or only the Tibet permit? I've read the forums and heard both versions so anyone who has actually been there in the past few weeks, feel free to chime in with the correct answer please!

more
    • 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

by oreo82 Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

by fenchew29 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

5 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Dres's Profile Photo

3 days itinerary in Lijiang

by Dres Online Now Dec 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Could you suggest a 3 days itinerary in Lijiang?

7 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    • miudlepop's Profile Photo

Lijiang Honeymoon

by miudlepop Online Now Sep 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning for my honeymoon in Lijiang from 2nd Oct to 7th Oct.
      Wondering how will the weather/temperature be like because me and my partner are from a tropical country so we're quite unsure of what to pack. Don't want to be freezing out butts off there :D
      What is a good website for maps because I believe google and google maps are unavailable in China.
      Would be helpful if anybody could give me some suggestions for the itinerary.
      Thanks in advance everybody.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • 4D/3N Itinerary for Lijiang & Adjacent

by sayem Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Dear Members,

Would you please suggest me an itinerary:

Planning to reach Lijiang at early morning of 29th Oct (by overnight train) and will leave evening of Nov 01 (by overnight train) from Kunming. It means I have 4 Days & 3 Nights to explore the Lijiang, Jade Dragon Snow Mountain & Tiger Leaping Gorge (if possible).

Please consider that I'm very much interested to observe the Snowfall.

I'm planning to visit with my wife & 3 years kid.

Would you please suggest me an itinerary which is not tiring & also enjoyable.

Waiting for your valued suggestion.

Regards,

Sayem

• Yunnan visit

by houseswapper Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

We are planning this leg. We would be coming from Chengdu. I am uncertain as to what is the best approach and whether it is worth the effort involved to get to Lijiang. We are not hikers and I have read that the roads to the various Gorges can be quite dangerous. We are also trying to decide if it is a scenic route by train from Lijiang to Kunming during the day. Of course I am also concerned about availability of train tickets as we are not on a flexible timetable.
      Is Kunming just another big city?
      I have also read that there is a bit of turbulance flying into Lijiang or Kunming. As I have some problems with flying this is another concern.
      I don't wish to sound so negative but I want to make sure that I am not totally out of my comfort zone in doing this holiday.
      We plan to go to Guilin from there. Hoping that someone can me iron out my concerns.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Altitude Sickness

by orchid1949 Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Hi,

Planning to Kunming then Dali for 2 days and Lijiang to visit many places around there. I am worried about the height as I am sensitive to altitude. Please need advice from those who have ever been there. To go to Shangrila, any problem ? And what about Jade Dragon snow mountain ? If I go there, but stay on ground without taking the chairlift up the mountain. I know that I may have to carry oxygen tube or chinese medicine but will this really help ?

Thanks.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    • Faala's Profile Photo

Travelling to Shangrila, Lijiang & Dali

by Faala Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to Shangrila, Lijiang & Dali for the first time by myself in October 2011; and looking at around 8 to 10 days.

I'll need to know some travel tips to start planning such as:
      1. Which international airport in China is the best to get to these places?
      2. Which place should I start first and ending place - Shangrila or Dali or Lijiang?
      3. How many days do I need to visit all these 3 places? And time spend for each places too?
      4. Which are the main attractions that are worth visiting for these 3 places?
      5. How will the weather be like in October? Will it be very cold that I'll need winter-wear?

Really need some useful tips. Thanks all in advance.

4 Answers Sep 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    • kroy1811's Profile Photo

Lijiang - April visit

by kroy1811 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Plan to go to Lijiang this May break and we were given below itinerary -- kindly advise if good enough :

DAY 1 : check in, then the guide will take you around the old town a bit, so you have a sense of direction here.

DAY 2 : Shuhe Old Town, Baisha village. Then drive up to Snow Mt., and take big cable car to Glacier Park, Impression Show. Blue Moon Valley.

DAY 3 : Drive to Lashi Lake village for horse riding along the fields around Naxi villages, and boat on the lake, Black Dragon Pool. Climb the Lion Hill for overall view in the old town, Zhongyi vege market, Mountain River Show at 730pm-9pm. Night in Lijiang

DAY 4: Drive 4 hrs to Dali. Dali Prefacture Museum in Dali new town, Yuer Park by the Erhai lake. Dali Old Town.

DAY 5 : Xizhou morning market, walk around the fields and houses in Xizhou. Then drive 3.5 hrs to Shaxi, a cutural and natural place of beauty.

DAY 6 : Drive 2.5 hrs back to Lijiang. Free afternoon in Lijiang old town, then send to airport. Option, visit the Baoxiangsi Temple in Shibaoshan Mt. for another 1 hr in Shaxi.

QUESTIONS:

1. Do we miss anything for this trip -- I was told that Shangrilla will be too dry at this season ? Any thoughts ?

2. Zen Hotel in Lijiang -- is it worth it ?? Any suggestion for place to stay closer to old town ?

3. Linden Centre in Xizhou village in Dali -- it worth it ? Any suggestions to stay in Dali ? or do we even have to stay in Dali ??

4. Shaxi --> what is this place -- is it worth it or better spend more time in Lijiang ?

Look forward fo ryour feedback soon :)

8 Answers Jun 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    • 5D/4N to Kunming + Lijiang (+ Shangri La?)

by micmik Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Hi guys,

Am planning a trip to China over Easter - 22 Apr, and was wondering :

1) if 5D/4N to Kunming + Lijiang + Shangri La is too ambitious? (Presumably just half a day in Kunming and we are not planning to do any major trekking) Or 6D/4N? My 1st and last day will be spent on the plane (int'l and domestic)

2) what is the weather like in these 3 cities around then?

3) Is Banyan Tree all that good or just hyped up? Any more moderately-priced hotels just as fantastic - eg MGallery Songtsam (Accor Group)?

Tx all!!

4 Answers Aug 25, 2011 at 1:47 AM
    • Bus travel in Mid-November

by DigitalBamboo Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I am planning on visiting Lijiang and Shangri-La in mid-November, and heading to Chengdu afterward. I was wondering if the mountain roads between Shagri-La and Lijiang (and Lijiang to Panzhihua) are safe to travel by bus around that time of year, or if they are snowy/icy and dangerous. If so, I may pay the extra money and just fly from Shangri-La to Chengdu instead. (As a side note, does anybody know how reliable the Shangri-La airport is, and if IT is prone to delays due to weather, or anything). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Sep 13, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • SLSong88's Profile Photo

Lijiang Dali and Shangrila

by SLSong88 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 7:23 AM

We are going to the above on 4/9/10 to 12/9/10. Are the above affected by flood?

Thank you

• Advice on a 5-day trip in Lijiang

by viv7 Online Now Sep 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Hi,
      am going with my bro and aged mum to Lijiang for a 5 day trip. We have confirmed a hotel booking and are planning to go the following places:
      Yulong Snow Dragon
      Leaping Tiger Gorge
      Shuhe
      Baisha
      Black Dragon Pool
      Lijiang Old town

What are the best ways to visit these places? Should we book 1-day tours or just find our own transport and walk around. Please advise! We are still deciding on whether to book these 1-day tours on the net or find an agent in Lijiang on our first day there.

Also, are there any other not-to-be missed attractions in the area?

Thanks!
      V

6 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    • Travel Agent recomendations?

by happyshirt Online Now Sep 17, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I've been doing research on Lijiang travel and am considering maybe a trek of couple of days to Tiger Leaping Gorge and visiting some of the sights in Lijiang. There are many agents on the internet but if I can get some recomendations on reliable ones it would be very much appreciated.
      I'm looking to make my own arrnagements to Lijiang and then the tour to cover the land arrangements.

Thanks.

7 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    • cxs's Profile Photo

Good hotel accommodation in Shu He Gu Zhen and Lijiang Gu Cheng

by cxs Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Would appreciate recommendation of good hotels (in terms of cleanliness and service) in both locations (with attached bathroom). There are numerous hotels around Gu Zhen which are reasonably-priced, western and traditional naxi style. Websites providing hotel info provide little info and without tourists' review
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 19, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    • tteehee's Profile Photo

about scenic spots in Lijiang

by tteehee Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 2:19 AM

doing a day tour by ourselves so need help on itinerary, so which should we go first? most efficient route...

YULONG snow mountain
      dongba valley
      prairie
      baishui river
      ganhaizi
      black dragon pool
      Lugu lake
      shuhe old city

can we do this by public transpo/taxi? or better off joining a tour group? one thing i dislike about tourgroups is they bring you to places your not interested in, and in places where you want to see they rush you.

need all your help..!

5 Answers Jun 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM
    • Lijiang Impressions Show in Winter

by Shangy Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Does the show go on in bad weather? Is it cold in winter as the location is outdoors and it's high up in the mountains?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 11:32 PM
    • anxueli's Profile Photo

Medical Relief Organization for Septmeber?

by anxueli Online Now May 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Hi everyone

I had planned to travel in this area in early September 2008.

Instead of being a tourist, I'd like to be a medical relief worker. I am a pharmacist and Search and Rescue volunteer. Does anyone have recommendations on a reputable relief organziation to join for 2 or so weeks?
      Look forward to your responses!

Ashley

1 Answer May 21, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    • Safe to visit Lijiang after Earthquake?

by mlkiang Online Now May 13, 2008 at 9:40 PM

With the recent earthquake and aftershocks in Sichuan, will it be safe to visit Lijiang & Kunming in end May/June 08?

3 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 2:11 AM
    • aleishamac's Profile Photo

Dragon Boat festival

by aleishamac Online Now May 5, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Hello
      I am looking for information in regards to the Dragon Boat Festival held in Lijiang. I am researching for an Australian Television Program that will be visiting the area in June and they would like to film the festival.
      Any information regarding whether this even is going to take place would be very much appreciated,
      Thank you,
      Aleisha McCormack

4 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 2:15 AM
    • Travel in June to Lijiang and zhongdian

by adelwomen Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM

There is now a china holiday the first weekend of june... should i avoid going to lijiang at that time? how many days enough before heading to tiger leaping gorge and zhongdian? i have 6-7 nites to spend all together. thank you!

4 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 10:32 AM
    • Lijiang to Zhongdian - Day trip doable?

by AlinePhung Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 1:36 PM

I have reserved 3 nights to spend in Lijiang off my upcoming trip to China in Oct 08, and wonder whether I can use Lijiang as the base for a day trip to Zhongdian (hiring a private tour guide - leaving Lijiang early in the morning, and coming back to Lijiang the same day late evening). I understand the road condition has been improved. Is the area safe for late evening driving? And how much would it cost? Thanks in advance for any advices.

5 Answers Feb 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Lijiang -- Panzhihua bus, Panzhihua accommodation

by ellyse Online Now Jan 1, 2008 at 7:37 AM

1) How long does the Lijiang -- Panzhihua bus take, in particular the evening departure? What time would it arrive in Panzhihua... in the middle of the night, in the wee morning hours or at daybreak?

2) If anyone has gone by this route recently, what time is the latest departure from Lijiang?

3) Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences for Panzhihua accommodation? Looking for clean and safe triple room near train station, max budget 300 RMB, though not hoping to spend all of that!

Have done a complete search for "Panzhihua" on the forum, nothing that could answer those questions! :( Thanks in advance for any replies.

15 Answers Jan 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

Moon Inn

by piglet44 Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Does anyone have contact info for the Moon Inn Lijiang? the email I found
      mooninn@163.com does not work and I cant find any website...
      thank you

12 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 5:35 AM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

how to get from Lijiang to Guilin

by piglet44 Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Is the only way to get to Guilin to fly from Lijiang to Kunming and then from KM to Guilin? it seems to be pretty complicated. Has anyone done this trip? thank you

4 Answers Dec 27, 2007 at 12:35 PM
    • Trip to Jade Snow Mountain

by whlee Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

I'll be going to Lijiang next week and would like to go up the mountain. Would appreciate if anyone could advice me what and how much are the charges to get up the mountain? Also what are the ways of going up? Much thanks!

Cheers,

1 Answer May 19, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Whirlwind through Lijiang in January

by ellyse Online Now Nov 23, 2007 at 9:17 PM

My travel companion had enough of Fenghuang after spending a day there. IMHO Fenghuang feels like a slightly less-developed and less-touristy version of Lijiang, though not by much. Interested in hearing comments on that viewpoint.

Taking that into consideration, what would be the absolute least amount of time for us to spend at Lijiang? We want to see Impressions Lijiang, Xuan Ke's Naxi music concert, do a little bit of chilling out and hanging around in a nice cafe. Also want to see Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Not going to Tiger Leaping Gorge at all -- I've already been there 1 year ago.

Is Impressions Lijiang still held on Jade Dragon Snow Mountain?

10 Answers Jan 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM
    • snow mountain in lijiang

by pornaa Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 6:32 AM

My family and I will visit Lijiang and plan to jade dragon
      snow mountain during 20-23 October.

Can anybody pls help?
      Will there be plenty of snow at the time? we love snow.
      What sort of temperature it will be?

Thank you very much. :)

6 Answers Sep 18, 2007 at 9:06 PM
    • what is the flight schedule and cost from chengdu to lijiang

by kelapa68 Online Now Aug 2, 2007 at 3:23 AM

what is the flight schedule and cost from chengdu to lijiang

5 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 9:38 PM
    • cavalulu's Profile Photo

Rainning weather in Lijiang and Zhongdian in Jun?

by cavalulu Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 5:54 AM

Can anyone tell me how;s the weather now in lijiang / zhongdian (shangrila) as I heard from news that the southern province is hit by very heavy rain and it will continue into mid Jun.

1 Answer Jun 6, 2007 at 9:17 AM