Lignano Sabbiadoro Travel Answers

change location

Please help :-)

by amma09ac Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Hi guys!

I really hope someone can help me, because I have real difficulty finding what I need on the Italian websites. Here are my three questions:

1. We are a young couple going to Lignano in less than a week to stay at my grandparent's cottage. My boyfriends birhtday is while we are down there and I would really like to do something special with him. Has anyone got any ideas and if yes, how to book/find out more?

2. Also we are first arriving at Venice airport at 20:50 and it seems like the only train leaving takes 1½ hours to Latisana.. Would it be better to take a taxi directly from the airport to Lignano?

3. Are there any turist agencies who can speak English and help us with transport and things to see/do?

Cheers!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Please help :-)

by leics Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM

2. It's 96km or so from Venice Marco Polo to Lignano (over an hour's drive) A taxi will cost a lot of money.

You will not be out of Venice Marco Polo until around 2130 at the earliest, and so not in Venice itself until 2200 or so. It would be better to go to Mestre, on the mainland (there's an airport bus).

You can get a train from Venice Mestre to Latisana at 2257, which will arrive at 0021. I don't think you will catch the earlier trains, and there are no more that night.

Perhaps you could stay overnight in Venice itself, which could be rather a romantic treat?

Alternatively, you could investigate a pre-booked transfer. Google for companies and quotes. This one will do transfers to Lignano (and i'm sure there are others):

http://venice.airports-shuttle.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Please help :-)

by kirmjoe Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 7:15 AM

do you know where can I see the train schedule myself? how can i get from the marco polo airport to venice and from the city to the trainstation?

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I am sorry, I thought you had already looked at the train schedule and therefore did not give you the link.

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

will give you timed, detail;s and fares in English.

From Marco Polo you take the bus from directly outside Arrivals to Venice Piazzale Roma. Info and timetable (click the clock) in English here;

atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&ar...

Piazzale Roma is where all land traffic stops in Venice. Once you get off the bus you simply walk to your left (with your back to the causeway you have just crossed), walk over the bridge and you will be at Venice Santa Lucia station. It will be signed...'stazione', perhaps, or 'Stazione Venezia SL'. Walking there from the bus stop will take you less than 5 minutes.

• Re: Please help :-)

by kirmjoe Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Thank you very much. I'm actually not the one who originally posted the question, I just had the same question and then some additional ones. You were very helpful!:)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I didn't check, sorry.

But we aim to please. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lignano Sabbiadoro