Lignano Sabbiadoro Travel Answers

change location

Bus times

by 615243 Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Hi guys!

Do any of you know where to find information about busses from Lignano? I mean prices, where to buy tickets, if the bus goes directly to Venice, bus times and where the bus will drive from?

I would like to take the bus to Venice and maybe even to the mountains. Has anyone tried that, and what was your experience?

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bus times

by leics Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM

You'll find bus times here:

atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&ar...

Bus 8a serves Lignano> Venice. Click on the orange and/or blue clocks to get timetables.

I can't find any other bus service from Lignano....the other Portogruaro service is schooldays only (and may just be a school bus, I didn't check the timetables).

You might do better to use the bus to get to Portogruaro and then take the train elsewhere. There is also a station at Latisana, but I am not sure whether the bus stops nearby.

You can find train times, details and fares in English here;

trenitalia.it/homepage_en.ht...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Manara's Profile Photo

by Manara Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Yes, there are buses going regularly from Lignano to Latisana. There is one every hour, at some times of the day every 30 minutes. The ticket office is in Viale Gorizia 26 and you will find the timetable there, so you'll be able to decide if it's bettere to use bus+train via Latisana or to go to Venice with the ATVO bus. The local bus to Latisana is very cheap, but it makes many stops so it takes almost 40' just to get to Latisana.

• Re: Bus times

by 615243 Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Thank you guys for helping. Sounds like the ATVO bus is the easiest way. But I cannot see how much it will cost each way for a tocket from Lignano to Venice?

• Manara's Profile Photo

by Manara Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 4:43 AM

I cannot find it either. However I know that the price for a one-way ticket from Treviso airport to Venice with ATVO is 5 euro and a return ticket is 9. Consider that the distance between Lignano and Venice is about three times the one between Treviso and Venice.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Here are the prices:

atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&ar...

Lignano to Venice is around 110km, so you should be able to get a rough idea of costs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lignano Sabbiadoro