Lignano Sabbiadoro Travel Answers

change location

Transportation : Venice --> Lignano Sabbiadoro

by raffo Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 1:38 AM

Hello Folks :-)
We are travelling to Lignano Sabbiadoro this summer and the only flight from Warsaw ends up in Venice. Has any of You travelled from Venice to Lignano by any comfortable means of transport? I was thinking of a bus, but there may be better options...... Can you drop me a bit of advice here?

Cheerio
Rafal

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • babbi_it's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation : Venice --> Lignano Sabbiadoro

by babbi_it Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 8:36 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mcclimb's Profile Photo

by mcclimb Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 11:50 PM

I have found two bus schedules and posted here but, Lignano I not the easy from Venice. It is easier to get to from Trieste. Not sure if you thought to fly into Trieste instead of Venice.
    adventureandtravelcenter.com... anyway you can get some basic info on this page.

good travels

• Tetreus's Profile Photo

by Tetreus Online Now Apr 27, 2007 at 12:40 AM

From Venice ( Mestre...because the airport is outside of Venice ) you can take the train to Latisana.
    From the Airport to Mestre there wille be for sure a autobus.

The train to Latisana takes about 1 hour and costs 4.40 euro per person ( www.trenitalia.it )

From Latisana you can take a autobus.

Or directly with the bus from Venice to Lignano, is probably the easiest way.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

By car Autostrada A4 uscita Latisana (Strada statale 354 Km.25) By Autobus Train station Latisana Km. 23 Bus transfer with Lignano
    Train station Udine Km. 60 Bus transfer with Lignano
    Train station Portogruaro km.35 Bus transfer with Lignano SAF and ATVO By Train Train station Latisana Km. 23 Bus transfer with Lignano
    Train station Udine Km. 60 Bus transfer with Lignano
    Train station Portogruaro km.35 Bus transfer with Lignano By Airplane Airport Trieste - Ronchi dei Legionari Km.74 Bus transfer with Lignano
    Airport Venezia - Marco Polo Km. 93 Bus transfer with Lignano

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

by longsanborn Online Now May 22, 2007 at 2:45 AM

Hi, I am wondering why you want to go to Lignano Sabbiadoro. There is nothing much to do there other than going to the beach, swimming, sun-bathing, and other beach-related activities. Lignano is a small "resort" town, which comes alive only in Summer time.

Since you are flying to Venice, why not go towards Lido island next to Venice island? Lido is less crowded than Venice, it also has nice beaches. When you get tired of swimming, at least you can visit Venice and the surrounding Veneto area. In terms of prices, I guess the hotels or B&B in LIdo would cost about the same as in Lignano - especially in summer time.

Check Lido out from www.google.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lignano Sabbiadoro