Lignano Sabbiadoro Travel Answers

change location
dadica's Profile Photo

how to get to lignano

by dadica Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM

hello, i have a question...
can anyone tell me is it easy to get from portogruaro to lignano sabbiadoro?what are the timetables for buses like?
Is it better to go by train or bus?I would be arriving from ljubljana and the nearest town to lignano that train stops in is portogruaro.is it better to go all the way to venice and then catch something back to lignano, or to come from portogruaro? and what are prices like?
thank u ...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: how to get to lignano

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM

I haven't visited here, but just by looking at the city's web site and other resources, you certainly do NOT want to go back to Venice.

The city's website lists a number of bus services - see lignano.org/en/modules.php?n...

The first one (SAF) runs a frequent bus from Latisana to Lignano Sabbiadoro. Latisana is actually the closest train station to where you want to go. You might look through the websites (although they may all be in Italian only) to see if you can find a Portogruaro to Lignano Sabbiadoro connection. Hmmmmn, SAF seems to have only one bus a day, at 13:35.

Well, if you have to get to Latisana, first check to see if your train stops in Latisana. If not, you will always be able to catch a local that runs from Portogruaro to Latisana - see www.trenitalia.com and use "Portogruaro-Caorle" as the starting point and "Latisana" as the destination...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dadica's Profile Photo

RE: RE: how to get to lignano

by dadica Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 4:11 AM

well thank u very very much..your information has been very helpful...the problem is that my train does not stop in latissana...so i will have to be catching something from portogruaro..
    thank u once again...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lignano Sabbiadoro