Lifou

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Page de luengo

by Icyspicy Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

How do I get there from where the cruise ship tenders dock? Would really appreciate any advice!

• Sight seeing in Lifou

by Gunasingham Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 2:58 AM

We are in Lifou on 24 February 2014 arriving by Sun Princess at 10.00am and due to depart by 7.00 pm the same day. My wife and I would like to see the interesting things in Lifou and what can the local tour operator offer and how much would it cost for say half day tour for both of us.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • Are there fishing charters in Lifou???

by gumnut88 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

There are 5 of us travelling to Lifou for the first time and we would like to go fishing. Does anyone know of any fishing charters or locals that take people out fishing for the day or half a day? We will not have any fishing equipment with us. we would like to go reef fishing more than big game fishing/deep sea fishing. Would love some help. Even if you know the e-mail address for the tourism information centre there as the one I have does not seem to work.
      Thank you

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    • i need some advice please !!

by drps Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

hi, my family and i are travelling to lifou as a part of a p & o cruise next may.
      we want to hire a driver ( if this is possible ) and see some of the more " tourist" things but also i would love to hear about some queiter off the beaten track spots !!
      also one last request . . if there is a local school at all. my children are school age and i'd love to show them and take some supplies.

thanks

1 Answer Jul 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • surfing

by ianstrong Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 1:52 AM

We are going on a cruise & I want to surf on this island. Apparently there is a surf spot in the bay where the cruise ship stops. Do you any other info on this or any other spots on the island? Thanks Ian

1 Answer Feb 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    • need info from a local in lifou

by namaniane Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 3:02 AM

I have been contemplating traveling to lifou to seek out family members. Heard and read that the island is quite beautiful, what I am trying to establish is family connections, was not able to before because I do not speak the languages (kanak and french). I have heard the little mission church built by our forefather (he was a missionary from samoa) in lifou still stands, his name was Iosia from Samoa. His second wife, our ancestor, Namaniane (we have no last name for her) came from Lifou, we would sure appreciate any info from those who live on lifou or around new caledonia who might have heard of this couple's story. Namaniane's descendants are alive and thriving in samoa, we have many questions and want to travel to new caledonia to find our relatives but hesitant because we do not speak french or the indigenous language. mahalo to those who can assist.