Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gulnese's Profile Photo

About restaurants where local people eat

Riga Region Jul 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hi,
      I will be in Riga next week for two nights and the tour operator will get us to Lido center to have dinner at a traditional atmosphere.But places that the tour operators mostly get you to,are touristic places that do not have much sense to me.I would like to have dinner at a real traditional place that the locals prefer and also want to spend less money what the meal really worths.
      Could you please send your advices about reastaurant names and if possible about prices.
      Thanks a lot in advance.

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Any advice is gladly accepted

Riga Jun 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Hi to all,
      I will be in Riga for two days and the tour operator advices us to visit Sigulda ,Jurmala, Bauska and Rundela but I am not sure as tours quite often take people to places that don't come first in the list of the places to worth seeing.
      Is these destinations are worth seeing or is there any other place that are prevail in the order?
      Would like to learn what transportation is best (more important cheaper) to visit the above four places and other advised destinations?
      Also would like to have local cuisine for dinner and perhaps have a break in a good pub or beer house.
      But as you would appreciate, touristic places are quite expensive and not always the exact quality.
      I prefer to investigate the city by myself and would be happy to hear all your advices.
      Thank you all for your interest.

more

Popular Liepajas Rajons Travel Answer Locations

• 68maciek's Profile Photo

Kurzeme

Liepajas Rajons May 19, 2005 at 4:33 AM

Hello,
      I consider the trip to Lithuania and Latvia seaside this July (2+2children by car).
      1.I am thinking about setting "my base" in Pape Lake area for some days.I expect not overcrowded (hopefully almost empty) beaches, and an interesting sight -Pape Lake itself. I can visit Liepaja and Palanga in rainy days. Is that correct?
      2.Is Aizpute interesting to visit?
      3.Is Kuldiga itself worthy to visit (apart from the waterfall)?
      4.I would like to go further north- to visit Vintpils- Kolka (is it interesting area?)- Roja-National Park near Jurmala (is it interesting?) and city itself-Riga and coming back through Bauska (is there 3-rd-(means 15-17 July 2005) weekend of July medieval music fest?) and Rundale.
      5.Will I miss something else worthy to visit in Kurzeme?Is there something else interesting for children (8,11) in this area?
      4.What could be the average and minimum price/per person for acomodation in a private house or a camping hut - simple (no radio or TV but convenient bathroom/WC)standard in such area? Maybe any recomendations? Maybe quiet or wild camping places also for tents?
      5.Has anybody heard anything about canoeing on Bartuva river in Lithuania or Latvia?
      6.Could anybody reccomend other easy, short,nice (1-2 days)canoenig in Kurzeme?
      7.What is specialite de la maison in Latvia?
      Thanks for answer.
      Maciek

5 Answers May 20, 2005 at 9:44 AM
    • Yogi555's Profile Photo

Aizpute Info

Aizpute Dec 14, 2003 at 1:18 AM

I would be thankful for any info about the lovely place in Latvia that is named Aizpute

2 Answers Jan 2, 2004 at 11:07 PM