Liège Travel Answers

change location

Please help

by SteCalvados Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hello when i arrive at Liege Guillemins station can i get another train to Liege Palais or would it be better to get a bus/taxi to my destination (Hôtel Hors-Château-Hors Château,62
Liège (Province De Liège) would it cost much in a taxi and am i near the centre of town? thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Please help

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I have not been to Liege, but in looking at the map, it would look to me that you might as well pick up a taxi (I don't know about the buses) at Liege Guillemins. The taxi ride will be about 4 kilometers, according to www.viamichelin.com .

The Palais station is certainly closer to your hotel (it's about 600 meters as opposed to 4 kilometers, but my guess is that whatever time you would save by going over to Palis by train would be more than eaten up by waiting for the next train to go to Palais from Guillemins. The train trip is only 6 minutes, but you might have to wait up to 15 minutes for the next train, even in morning rush (when there are more trains). Note that there are 5, 6, even 7 trains per hour during the weekday, so catching the train won't be a problem.

And I'll ask the obvious...you've already checked and your train does not stop at Palais? (I guess it depends on which direction you're coming from) ;-)

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Please help

by SteCalvados Online Now Sep 11, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Thanks Bill i have not got a train ticket yet i was just enquiring as to what would be my best option but i think the train will stop at Liege Guillemins and rather than changing trains i may just get a cab thanks again for the help.

• Re: Please help

by GPLiege Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Cabs are quite expensive in Belgium; in addition, your train ticket is valid for some stations in the near vicinity of Guillemins station, including Palais with the result that the trip to Palais is already included in the price you payed. There is rarely more than 10 minutes to wait for a connecting train: note that all trains in that direction stop at Palais station (the second after leaving Guillemins).
    Nowadays, the underground station is living its last monthes of life: a new building will take place above the ground: pictures of the project can be seen in the waiting room.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines