Liège Travel Answers

change location
jerryttk's Profile Photo

How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

by jerryttk Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Hey there,

I would deeply appreciate if someone could tell me the best way to reach Liege from Aachen by bus or train. And if the NRW ticket valid for travel from Liege to Aachen then to Cologne? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

by alza Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 10:13 AM

it's a short train trip from Aachen to Liege, various schedules offered. NRW is North Rhine-Westphalia I suppose? Don't know the type of NRW ticket you have nor if it's valid for outside NRW (as Liege is.)
    I always drove Liège-Aachen return but think train would be better than bus (well, I don't know about busses.)
    Sure someone from the general area could help you. Can you check with ticket issuer, at a train station near you? Have a good trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Elena77's Profile Photo

Re: How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

by Elena77 Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 1:10 PM

There are dirct trains from Aachen to Liège that take around 50 minutes and the cheapest connection costs €uro 11,40 (one way). For more info:

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...

The NRW ticket won't be valid abroad.

Regards,
    Elena

• Re: How to travel to Liege from Aachen??

by K_V_B Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Train would be best Bus isn't really an option, as bus lines don't even try to compete with trains in this part of Europe, as they're not allowed to. A good ticket to buy would be an "Euregio ticket", which is valid from Liège all the way to Düren (halfway between Aachen and Köln) in Germany.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines