Liège Travel Answers

change location

Liege Railway Station

by jennihelen Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 6:20 AM

My elderly parents are travelling by train from Cologne, Germany to England (Eurostar from Brussells). However they have to change trains at LIEGE (from Archen) for their onward journey to Brussels but only have 9 minutes to do so. Can anyone tell me the size of this railway station as they are very worried about changing platforms in such a short time.
Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Liege Railway Station

by titabell Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Liege train station is big, but it is easy to find your way there. There are escalators to bring you from one platform to the other. 9 minutes in my opinion is just enough to get into the other platform.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Liege Railway Station

by christine.j Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Sorry, I don't know anything about the train station. But there is a direct train from Cologne to Brussels, why don't they take that one? It may be more expensive, as it's the Thalys, but it would save your parents the worry and the hassle of changing trains in such a short time.
    If they are travelling after 8th August, make sure they know if the train is running. This is when the strike is supposed to start.Some trains will be cancelled, many will be late.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines