Liechtenstein Travel Answers

change location

Interesting places to visit in and around Liechtenstein?

by westvanseb Online Now Feb 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Hi everyone,

My sister and I are planning a 3 day trip to Munich, after which we will rent a car and head towards Liechtenstein. I already booked a hotel in Triesenberg for 3 nights, but my idea is to spend the first day in Liechtenstein (our hub so to speak), and devote the remainder of our stay to exploring the neighbouring regions of Austria and/or Switzerland. What's within reasonable driving distance of Liechtenstein? I know Lucerne is fairly close, but anywhere else? I haven't booked the Munich leg of our trip yet, so if you think we would be better off spending those first 3 days elsewhere, please let me know!

Also, what's the most scenic/interesting route to take from Munich to Triesenberg? Lastly, how long a drive is Zurich from Liechtenstein (our flight back to Canada is from Zurich)?

Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Manara's Profile Photo

Re: Interesting places to visit in and around Liechtenstein?

by Manara Online Now Feb 13, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Two beautiful destinations at a very reasonable distance are St. Gallen and Chuir.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • loisl's Profile Photo

Re: Interesting places to visit in and around Liechtenstein?

by loisl Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

from Liechtenstein you have many different possibilities. Towards Munich, the Neuschwanstein Castle, and around Lake Constance many scenic places.
    St.Gallen with it's nice old town and the old baroque library and the church.
    Or south towards Chur, with the many skiing and hiking ressorts around, like Laax, Lenzerheide, Davos, Klosters, Arosa, or a bit further St. Moritz.

here a few driving distances:
    Liechtenstein - Munich approx. 2 hour 45
    Liechtenstein - Zurich Airport 1 hour 30
    Liechtenstein - Luzern 1 hour 30
    Liechtenstein - St.Gallen 45 min
    Liechtenstein - Davos

email me if you have more specifuic questions.

happy travelling
    Peter

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Liechtenstein Travel Answer Locations