Lido di Iesolo Travel Answers

change location
pippipireland's Profile Photo

Fishing in or around lido di jesolo

by pippipireland Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Hi,
Travelling to Lido Di Jesolo, first week in September and was hoping to do some fishing. Can anybody advise or direct me as to where I can fish in or around Lido Di Jesolo
Thank you

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Re: Fishing in or around lido di jesolo

by tango_jd Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 7:24 AM

If you Google Map Lido Di Jessolo, you will see a river mouth to the North-East of the main resort.
    We cycled along to the end of the resort when we were there in 2006 and was able then to cross a bridge at Corteliazzo and follow the river up to Eraclea. There was a path along-side the river.
    The river at Eraclea was quite wide with some grassy areas along-side.
    I have no idea about permits etc but it looked an ideal spot to relax with a fishing rod!
    There is also a lagoon (Paluda?) behind the resort but you may need to find a crossing-point over the small canal to get to it.
    Are you able to find your accomodation on the Google map and then look into this suggestion?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pippipireland's Profile Photo

by pippipireland Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Hi Tango-jd
    Thank you for prompt reply. Ideally, I would like to fish rivers and lakes/ lagoons, but the fishing regulations in Italy are very strict. As far as I am aware, I can only buy a permit valid for three months- I hoped that if I decided to fish, I could just buy a day to day permit. Can anyone advise on sea fishing in the area ( fishing from shore ) as this activity is permit free.
    Any pointers would be appreciated as the rod is still being packed.
    Thanks

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

by tango_jd Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I didn't spot anyone fishing from the beach but we didn't spend much time in the resort as it was our base for exploring Venice really. (Great for bars and restaurants at night though!)
    The local bus goes to Punta Sabbioni where the St Marks ferry (Vaporetto) runs-from. That is near the sea/lagoon inlet so I imagine there would be sea fishing from there (the sea side not the lagoon if permits are problem)
    Again, Google maps shows a sort of pier leading-off from the land at this point.
    (Not sure how you would fair on the buses with a load of fishing gear though - they can be crowded!)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lido di Iesolo