Lido Travel Answers

change location

Transportation from Venice to Pellestrina....

by Krisboc Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hello,
i have to go for lunch on next sunday from Venice to the island Pellestrina...how to get there? Are there any taxi in Le Lido? Is there any boat between Le Lido and Pellestrina, Even on sunday?
Thank you very much for your answers...

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Venice to Pellestrina....

by suvanki Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hi! I travelled from Venice to Chioggia (via Pellestrina) a few years ago. My 48 hour ACTV ticket covered all of the journey -as would a 12 hour ticket for you.
    I caught the #1 vaporetto from San Zaccaria to Lido (2, 51, 52, 61, 62 and N (night service) cover this route too) Which takes about 10 minutes. There are some additional direct services at busy times.

From the Lido station walk forward to the main street Gran Viale Santa Maria Elisabetta. The bus stop you need is on the right hand side of the road, about 100 metres from the start, for the # 11 bus to Pellestrina. This is clearly marked on the bus stop and timetable

This service runs approximately every 30 minutes. I'd just missed one, so sat and waited for the next one-there are plenty of cafes/ bars nearby. This was on a weekday, but I'm pretty certain that it runs a limited service on Sundays/Holidays

On the bus, it was mainly locals (probably travelling home for lunch) Most were passing the wait, reading their newspapers.

The bus set off on time, and travelled along the sea coast road, until it reached Malamocco, where it followed the lagoon side of the island. It made a few stops, before arriving in Alberoni, where we joined the queue of traffic that was boarding the ferry, For the short crossing, the bus doors were opened, so you could get off and enjoy the views of the lagoon. A notice stated that car drivers had to leave their vehicles. Steps led upto the upper deck for better views. There is a WC on the ferry too.
    Back on dry land, and We'd reached the island of Pellestrina.

http://www.actv.it/en
    Phone: (+39) 041 2424. Hellovenezia

For more info/photos please check out my Chioggia Transportpage

"Venice to Chioggia" - Chioggia Transportation Tip by suvanki

Have A Great time, and please feel free to contact me for more information
    Sue

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines