Lido Travel Answers

change location

Hotel Des Bains, Venice Lido Resort?

by Matdech Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Can someone tell me the best way to get to this hotel?

I am renting a car from Milan.....where should I drop off the car and how do I get to this hotel?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Des Bains, Venice Lido Resort?

by leics Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 10:48 AM

You have little choice as to where you leave the car (I assume you mean you are parking it rather than taking it back to the rental office?).

You either park it at the artifical parking island of Tronchetto or in one of the garages at Piazzale Roma. Neither will be cheap.

Info here:

europeforvisitors.com/venice...

venicedirectory.com/parking_...

Then you can get the vaporetto to Venice Lido from the P. Roma vaporetto stop. There's a very obvious ticket office on the piazza, so it should be easy to get to the Lido.

http://www.actv.it/english/home.php for timetables and fares.

Routes here:

europeforvisitors.com/venice...

You'll need the number 1 vaporetto.

Detailed directions for getting to the Hotel Des Bains here:

starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hotel Des Bains, Venice Lido Resort?

by Matdech Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Thanks..actually, I am renting a car from Milan to Venice.....I am wondering where most people drop the car off....the airport? do you know any rental car companies that have a drop off close to the lido?

Do you suggest we get a Multi-day boat travel card? I have not looked at a map but how do you get to the various tourist attractions....does getting a Vaporetto multi day boat the right thing to do?

• effeti's Profile Photo

by effeti Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 2:08 PM

If i remember well. at least hertz and Avis have a dropoff at Piazzale Roma, that is just close to the Vaporetto (water bus) to Lido.

But, excuse, do you rent the car only to go from Milan to Venice???? If so, train makes a much more logical solution.

Or do you still need the car after the Lido stay?
    Ciao
    Francesco

• qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM

The best way to get to this hotel by car is to take the car ferry to Venice Lido from Tronchetto, you will see it signposted as you approach Venice on the A4, or at the end of the bridge that leads to Venice. Driving instructions are on here metrotravelguide.com/hotelin...
    I would have thought you could ask the agency in Milan where you can leave the car, but lots of Lido hotels, including the Hotel des Bains (see booking.com/hotel/it/hotelde..., have car-hire desks so you might well be able to leave it at the Lido itself.
    However, for Europcar for example it's either the airport or Piazzale Roma (the furthest into Venice you can take a car).
    europcar.com/EBE/module/book...
    Then select Venice in the "search for nearest location" box, and you can click on "see location details and map" for exact address and office hours.
    Similarly on http://www.easyterra.com it gives more than a dozen possibilities for Milan but only Venice Airport or P. Roma for Venice.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Whether you decide to buy a multi-day vaporetto ticket or not depends entirely on how much you intend to use the service. You'll need it to get from Lido, of course, and to other islands, but the main part of Venice is perfectly walkable. Crossing the whole city would only take about an hour or so.

I stayed for 3 days, and walked everywhere, as I did not intend to visit any islands on that trip and was based in Dorsoduro. The tickets are expensive if you are not going to use them a lot, imo.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines