Lido Travel Answers

change location
puerto_lover's Profile Photo

honeymoon hotel on the Lido

by puerto_lover Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 11:53 AM

Researching ! Early July. Must haves. Comfy beds. Romantic location. Clean bathrooms. Swimming pool. On or near beach with loungers. Not miles from the boats to St Marks. Food important but location and hotel comfort more so.
ANY suggestions for one week ?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • moonflwr's Profile Photo

RE: honeymoon hotel on the Lido

by moonflwr Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Congrats on your wedding, this reply may be too late for your trip, but I thought the Westin's Hotel Excelsior was amazing. I attended a conference across the street from this hotel during the first week of July (2006). Literally located on the beach, it had wonderful facilities (swim-up pool bar I've heard) and appeared top notch. It was only ~5 min bus ride (1.00euro one-way) to catch a water taxi to St. Mark's. It appeared that the Westin maintained private boats for the use of hotel guests. The hotel boasts of exclusive, private beaches and from what I could see from the lobby the resort lived up to that promise. Cafes, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife were all very close. I've included the website below:

starwoodhotels.com/westin/se...

It seems like everything on Lido was romantic, but this property stood out as world-class establishment, especially for celebrating your honeymoon. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines