Lido Travel Answers

change location

Lido Transportation

by VinceP17 Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 2:05 PM

I "accidentally" booked a hotel in Lido rather than in the heart of Venice. Come to find out, we really like this hotel, but aren't too sure about the area, transportation, etc.

Is the area/hotel on Via Enrico Dandolo 12/A a good area?

How do we get from the main train station (St. Lucia?) to Lido?

Should we purchase three day "Blue cards" if we wanted to travel between Lido the St. Mark's area each of our three day stay?

Is there a pass that covers all boat taxis, including one from the train station?

Any other advice is much appreciated.

Vince P

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • effeti's Profile Photo

RE: Lido Transportation

by effeti Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 5:14 PM

Your hotel seems to be about 1,5 km from the Lido Water Bus station. No problem from there to the main islands of venice... See www.actv.it for more.
    That's for water buses (= vaporetto)... Taxi are a different think, and way much expensice

Ciao
    Francesco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

RE: Lido Transportation

by nomad7890 Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 8:19 PM

No worries, vaporettos go to Lido - I remember taking the #1, but if I recall correctly, others do as well. Here's a link to the #1 itinerary:
    actv.it/english/navigazione....
    If you move around in the web site you will see the prices, etc - just hit Home and search around. I think I'd just figure out how to get from the vaporetto to the hotel.

First time we went to Venezia we took a "water taxi" ... the water was a bit high, and I had to practically jump into the driver's arms to get out (he stood there and gave me his hand, but was bracing for me to jumb). But the vaporettos have nice little piers where you walk in and roll in your luggage - cheaper and less expensive. The #1 actually is a good one to ride around and get your bearings - choose either the very front or very back seats for the best views.

Nomad

• RE: RE: Lido Transportation

by VinceP17 Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 9:09 AM

I appreciate all the replies. I think my train (Trenitalia) will take me to the St Lucia train station in Venice.

I gather, from there, I want to take the Ferrovia waterbus to Lido - is that correct?

Vince P

• effeti's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Lido Transportation

by effeti Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 9:48 AM

Correct.
    Lines 52, 51 and 1 should do ( #1 slower but crossing all the gran canal, that coast a little more, but is worth the tour to Venice alone). Not sure, but i think the 52 and 51 lines will take a shortcut along the Giudecca channel.

Enjoy! There is no other place is the world like Venezia
    Ciao
    Francesco

• RE: RE: RE: Lido Transportation

by VinceP17 Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 11:19 AM

I appreciate all the replies. I think my train (Trenitalia) will take me to the St Lucia train station in Venice.

I gather, from there, I want to take the Ferrovia waterbus to Lido - is that correct?

Vince P

• RE: RE: Lido Transportation

by sharontognietti Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 7:42 AM

I will be spending three nights at the Westin Excelsior in July. Should I park the car before proceeding to Lido or take the car ferry?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines