change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SkyeE's Profile Photo

worried about personal safety

Leptis Magna Nov 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

wanting to vist roman sights in and around leptis magna and would like to know if anyone could tell my if there are any security concerns, personal safety ect. Is car hire a good idea? or peronal guide?

• Coat bought in Libya - is it something traditional?

Libya Oct 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Hello, I've been to Libya for couple of days in 2007. I bought a coat at the market in Tripoli. I saw the same sold in another markets in Tripoli and Leptis Magna, in other colours as well. I'm being asked a lot in my country what for a coat is that. Since I don't speak Arabic, I wasn't able to ask when buying but as I mentioned I saw it a lot in Libyan "tourist" shops. Is it some traditional Libyan coat or something completely normal and uninteresting?
      The picture of the coat can be seen here: bezpointy.tumblr.com/post/64...

Thank you very much for any answer that will help me to sort it out :-)

Sunwu

3 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    • safe hotels to stay

Tripoli May 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Where is it the safest to stay in Tripoli. Which Hotel?

3 Answers May 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    • Driving in Libya?

Libya Jul 22, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Is it possible to obtain a transit visa at the Eastern border and drive through Libya to Tunisia? If yes, is there a convoy or do I go without protection? I will be on my way from Cape Town to the UK...
      Regards, Dave

4 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 4:46 AM
    • triplehelix's Profile Photo

New Visa Regulations?

Libya Mar 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Hello there. I'm not visiting Libya soon but was just curious to know if there were new visa regulations introduced with the new government? I can't seem to find info other than the old and rather cumbersome process from the previous regime. Any info would help. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    • osho2003's Profile Photo

Could you any one tell me Is the Libya safe for tourist?

Libya Dec 28, 2011 at 5:34 AM

I have plan to tour on next year in Libya ! Could you any one tell me Is the Libya safe for tourist? thanks waiting for your reply s

2 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    • Direct flights to Benghazi

Benghazi Jan 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Hello,

I am looking for an airline that goes directly from Benghazi to one of the European cities, so far - found nothing...:( Is there any? Could you please help?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    • Neyli's Profile Photo

Need a sponsor in Libya

Libya Jan 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Hi,

I am visiting Tripoli in Mid March 2011. I am looking for a travel agency to sponsor my visa. I am traveling on a US passport but I was born Iranian. I will be three days in Libya and hope to visit Leptis and Sabratha among other sites. I would also need to book inexpensive but safe/clean accommodation. Can anyone help?
      My next stop is Tunisia and I was going to take a bus to see the coast line but from what I read that will take a long time. Does anyone know how many hours would it take to go from Tripoli to Tunis? Or how much is it to fly one way from Tripoli to Tunis?

Last but not least, I am a PADI AI scuba diver (been diving for 26 years) and am always looking for good places to dive. Any comments or tips on women diving in Libya? Also the water condition and costs including all gear?
      Thank you,
      Niloo

6 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    • Neyli's Profile Photo

Need help

Libya Dec 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I am planning a trip to Libya, Tunisia, and Algeria in March-April 2011. I am a US citizen and need a visa for Libya but all tour companies in the state charge a lot of money for tours (plus visa). Does anyone know a local dependable operation in Libya who could help me with visa?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Life in Tripoli with Family

Tripoli Dec 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I have been offered a job in Tripoli and I am trying to find some information as I will be living in Tripoli with my family wife+baby(9 month). We are a muslim family from Maldives and my wife does not cover her head.

Can anyone get me answers for the following;

- 24/7 stable power available?
      - Tap water available at apartments/house are clean and drinkable?
      - Is it safe to walk on the roads with wife+baby?
      - Are there supermarkets? Can I buy baby foods? "S26 Gold formula milk"
      - Are there western products at supermarkets?
      - Is there any ATM's with Visa or MasterCard logo and working?
      - How fare is Tripoli City to the airport and how much will it cost by taxi
      - Are the civilians allowed to own weapons?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    • LibyaTravel's Profile Photo

Scuba diving

Libya Dec 15, 2010 at 5:15 AM

looking for scub diving groups in and around Tripoli, Today its rainig in Tripoli. The sea water is quite warm, when using a swim suit.

• BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Safety in night busses

Libya Nov 10, 2010 at 12:53 AM

in opinion my plan, there is a night voyage tripoli to ghadames by bus. ( and return trip wil be like his too if possible)

How safe is the night voyages in libya? Because Ghadamesh is so close to Algeria border.

And these busses go regularly between Ghadamesh and Tripoli?

Thank you

1 Answer Nov 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Airport to city and other places from city

Tripoli Nov 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Hi, again

How can i go to centrum from airport except taxi. Is there any bus services or anything else? And how much do i have to pay?

Second question, i want to go sabratha,ghadamesh and leptis magna during my Libya vacation. Where is the station of Busses which go these places? ( is there any fixed station?)

Thank you

2 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    • Hi Fi Equipment

Tripoli Oct 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I am moving to Libya and want to know if I can purchase Hi Fi equipment in Tripoli? Speakers amplifers etc

1 Answer Oct 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • Mateosh's Profile Photo

Anyone want to join me on a week trip to the Libyan Sahara?

Libya Sep 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I'm an american traveling alone to the Libyan Sahara with Azgar Tours. Im looking to split the cost with others. If your interested please let me know. My itinerary is below:

Day 1) Saturday, November 20th
      -Arrive Tripoli 1245am.
      -Hotel Tripoli.
      -Early morning depart Tripoli to Ghat by flight.
      -4 wheel drive vehicle transfer to Kafjnoun and camp there and attempt to climb mountain (Kafjinoun is a mountain the in middle of the Sahara desert in the south of Libya that is believed by the Tuareg nomads to this day to be haunted by evil genies. No one will accompany us on this climb as the Tuareg believe that the genies will steal their souls. It is said that at night the genies can be heard beating their drums around a camp fire on the mountain).

Day 2) Sunday, November 21st
      -Entering Akakus, We start our visit in the north of Akakus( Adad, Awis, Tin lalan, Ti shweneit. Camp. This is a mountainous region in the Sahara desert with thousands of prehistoric caves that we will be exploring. The caves have ancient pictographs of people swimming in rivers and lakes and hunting hippos, crocodiles before the Sahara was a desert.

Day 3) Monday, November 22nd
      -Continue to visit Akakus, Imraka, Amsnigi, Afazijar ( Where you will find the big Arch) then going back passing by Emminanya. Camp in Erg Wan kaza.

Day 4) Tuesday, November 23rd
      -Departure from Erg Wan kaza to Idhan Murzuq, passing by Wadi Imriwan, Al warih. camp in Idhan Murzuq. The Murzuq is one of the largest sand seas in the world-rolling sand dunes for thousands of miles in the Sahara.

Day 5) Wednesday, November 24th
      -Entering Wadi Matkhdouch, visit , and in the Afternoon departure to Idhan Ubari. Ubari is a group of oasis palm tree clad lakes sorrounded by rolling sand dunes. We will camp and swim in the oasis lakes.

Day 6) Thursday, November 25th
      -Visit the Ubari Lakes( Umm Al maa, Mandarra).In the Afternoon comings back to Germa - Sebha and take fly to Tripoli

Day 7, Friday, November 26th
      - Full day in Tripoli.
      -Visit the Mediteranean coast and ancient and largest Roman ruins in the world.

Day 8 : Saturday, November 27th
      -Departure 2:10pm on Egypt Air F# MS830 from Tripoli

8 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Visas to Libya

Libya Sep 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM

if an EU member wants to go Libya, need it get Libya entrance visa?

what is the lastest stuation?

3 Answers Sep 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Sataying at Tripoli Airport

Tripoli Sep 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Hi,

i am planning to visit Libya. My flight will be landed Tripoli overnight.

is it possible to stay all night long at Tripoli airport until morning.

Thank you all

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    • family trip to ghadamis

Ghadamis Sep 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I want to pop down to ghadamis for a 3 day holiday but find it difficult to choose a hotel from Tripoli, can anyone help with helping ,me choose a hotel for my family to stay in, thanks

• snogueira's Profile Photo

Wich local travel agent to choose?

Libya Aug 30, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hello,
      I am traveling to Libya soon and want to know if anyone had traveled with either Fessano W Tours or Sherwes Travel.
      How was your expirence with them?
      Thanks
      Sérgio

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Travel agent in Libya

Libya Aug 25, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Could anyone please suggest a reliable travel agency in Libya. I did receive a list from the Libyan Embassy in South Africa, but did not get much response.
      Thank you

• Tripoli street map

Libya May 22, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Anyone know where I can purchase a paper street map of Tripoli, Libya from the UK?

• nathanronen's Profile Photo

Tourist Visas for US Citizens to Libya

Libya May 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering, I received an email today from a Libyan tour company based in Tripoli informing me that the Libyan immigration and passport department now gives the permission to USA citizen to get Libyan visa.

Is there any truth to this? Has anyone heard about this?

I am anxious because I have wanted to visit there a long time but cannot.

Looking for any news you may have heard.

Thanks,

Nathan

5 Answers May 22, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    • maretravel's Profile Photo

horse riding in Tripoli, Libya

Tripoli May 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I am going to spend the summer in Tripoli, where I plan to look for work as Ive been told its a country with a lot of opportunities ...I am an avid horse woman, Ive been competing and riding my entire life. Most recently I was an endurance rider here where I currently live in Dubai. I would like to have any information or contacts for any riding stables in or around Tripoli. Ideally I am looking for a place to hack, and be able to spend time with horses in a relaxed environment. I understand the beaches outside Tripoli are undeveloped and beautiful. I wonder if anyone is offering beach riding???I I greatly appreciate any information about the equestrian scene ( if there is one) in Tripoli. thanks!

2 Answers May 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    • onaquest's Profile Photo

Tunisia into Libya

Libya Apr 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Has anyone advice for travelling down the coast of Tunisia and going into Libya?
      Difficulty? Time? Border? Cost? Transportation?

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS.
      Thankyou.

10 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    • Travel Companion - Mar/Apr 2010 - Libya

Libya Jan 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Anyone interested in sharing tour across Libya from Egypt land border to Tunisia land border?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    • public transportation in tripoli,libya

Libya Jan 12, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Hello,is it possible coming from a cruiseship to rent a taxi or take a bus to visit Leptis Magna or Sabratha on our own?Thanks for your answer.Nikos

4 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • Big cities and guides.

Libya Dec 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi all!
      I'll be traveling to Libya with my partner next year, and on a very tight student budget. I was wandering what the deal is with guides now. We're both South African citizens and would ideally not want to have to pay for a guide. I heard that you don't need a guide in the major cities - is this true? And what are the costs per day of hiring a guide? Can that sort of thing be arranged on arrival?
      All help will be much appreciated.
      Regards,
      Micah

6 Answers May 24, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    • Visiting Libyan Embassy, London

Libya Oct 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Can anyone tell me if I can take a backpack, including my laptop and mobile phone, with me into the Libyan Embassy in London? I am going there to apply for a visa; I already have my passport translated into Arabic. Any ideas how long it will take me?

• travel from libya to egypt or tunisia

Libya Oct 7, 2009 at 4:58 AM

i am working in beghazi as a nurse and i want to travel to egypt or tunisia. i wanna know the safest possible routes in going to these places if you travel alone.

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    • cruela's Profile Photo

Not married couple traveling to Lybia

Libya Sep 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM

My question is if I am traveling to Lybia with my boyfriend, not a husband, can we sleep in the same room in a hotel?
      What is the average temperature in October in Tripoli?
      Thanks

6 Answers Sep 25, 2009 at 3:53 AM