Liberia Travel Answers

change location

budget accomodation near liberia

by avocet Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 7:50 PM

My husband and I are flying into Liberia in late april and plan to be in the area for 3-5 days to dive, and explore santa rosa park. We're looking for budget accomodations in a house or small hotel. Any suggestions. avocet

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: budget accomodation near liberia

by bmiddleway Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 4:43 PM

I don't know how plush you want your accommodations. My family and I got lost driving around one night and decided to just stop for the night near Liberia. We found rooms at El Corral in Los Canos, just south of Liberia, for about25 per night. Really basic rooms and cetainly not charming, but clean. I'll see if I can find the exact address and # and post it later.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by bmiddleway Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 6:10 PM

El Corral is in Canas, just a few km from Liberia. 12 rooms and a very helpful night watchman. Telephone: 669-0622. This is not snazzy; we stayed there in a pinch, but just for a place to lay your head at night it was OK. Also, a word of warning to everyone out there: many Americans bought small hotels in CR during the boom times of the late 80s and early 90s thinking that they were going to retire and watch turista$ roll in. Many now have neither the money nor the desire to keep their places habitable to American standards, ie plumbing and hot water, cleaning staff, food, etc. I'd ask VERY direct questions about accommodations and get some sort of written confirmation. I just spent a week in a small hotel that looked great on its website, but has deteriorated rapidly since those photos and statements were originally posted.

• Re: Re: budget accomodation near liberia

by braddddd Online Now Jan 14, 2005 at 2:46 PM

I dont know what that person is talking about. I live in Playas del Coco and there are a handful of nice hotels. Its a good place if you want to dive...and close enough to Santa Rosa to take day trips. I would not reccomend staying in Canas or Liberia..does not compare to the beach. a few places in Coco: Hotel Villa Flores Pato Loco Inn Villa del Sol Cabinas Coco Azul Email info@jandctours.com They are here in the area and do tours/hotel reservations/airport pickups/diving packages...just tell them Brad B. sent you.

by campbrad Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 1:43 PM

I agree. Playas del Coco is wonderful and they have great budget hotels, good food and great diving. Try Rich Coast Diving. Jessica the owner is wonderful and very helpful with all of your local needs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines