Lhasa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lhasa from Bejing

by devarty Online Now Sep 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Is it possible to arrange a last minute trip to Lhasa via train from Bejing? I mean to include visa and permit, train tickets/flights and accommodation. This September(2012) may be my only chance to go. I am a solo traveller and can get flights into Bejing or other cities at short notice.
      Thankyou

7 Answers Sep 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    • Lhasa from Bejing

by devarty Online Now Sep 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Is it possible to arrange a last minute trip to Lhasa via train from Bejing? I mean to include visa and permit, train tickets/flights and accommodation. This September(2012) may be my only chance to go. I am a solo traveller and can get flights into Bejing or other cities at short notice.
      Thankyou

2 Answers Sep 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    • Calling all Canadians! Tibet - NOVEMBER 2012

by GTeresaT Online Now May 26, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Due to the new permit restrictions, we are a group of 3 Canadians looking for 2 more fellow Cdns to join the tour. Agency will be with Spinn Cafe, for approx 6 days during the first week of November. If interested, please contact me at acct261@excite.com and hopefully we can work something out!

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    • tibet travel agency

by ghyeoh Online Now May 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Hi there,

I plan to travel to Tibet in Aug 2012. I am planning to book with a local tour
      agency. I found this company called Access Tibet Tour (www.accesstibettour.com).
      I don't know much about this company. Has anyone booked through this company before? Are they reliable? I am worried about the internet scam

I really appreciate if those who have dealt with this company before could enlighten me. Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    • lhasa tibet travel agency

by leila820 Online Now May 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

HELP, am traveling, trying to, Lhasa via train from Chendgu in September 2012. having great difficulty locating a travel agency to arrange located in Lhasa? Or should I just locate one in Chendgu? From information I have received the best are located in Tibet...
      Looking for medium price for under a week of travel.
      My husband 72 years and self 66 years....in good health.
      Traveled to over 50 countries so not adverse to "challenges", yet now prefer a comfortable hotel.
      Thoughts, PLEASE
      Thank you

5 Answers Jul 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM
    • yenlee99's Profile Photo

Lodging in Lhasa

by yenlee99 Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice, quiet hotel or lodging in Lhasa? We're looking for something convenient because we can only stay about 4-5 days. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    • singnomore's Profile Photo

Lhasa tour

by singnomore Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are planning to visit Lhasa and are now researching tours. We are likely to be doing a 4-day tour which seem to be what a lot of tour operators offer. Does anyone have good/bad experience with any tour companies that you have used that you can share with us?

• Lookong for people interested in a Tibet trip on February 2012

by Mzll Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Hello everybody,

My friend and I have planned to go to Tibet ; we will leave Chengdu on January 29 and arrive in Lhassa on January 31. This will be a 7-8 days trip, visiting Lhassa and other main cities, and ending at the Everest Base Camp (we will come back to Lhassa after, not going to Nepal).
      For the moment, we are two french girls and one canadian girl (who is ending the trip in Nepal), so we are looking for other people to share our trip to decrease the fees! (For the moment, it will cost around 3400 yuans/person with coming back to Lhassa, only including guide, car and entrance permit)
      If anybody is interested in, please send me an email at : marjorie.sorriaux@em-strasbourg.eu. I check my mails everyday, so don't hesitate even if you need further information!
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 16, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    • PeterSt's Profile Photo

Everest Base Camp in early Feb

by PeterSt Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I am planning to spend 7 nights in Tibet during early Feb 2012. Would it be possible to go to Everest Base Camp (or somewhere to get good views of the high mountains, including Everest) in this short time.

Any good guide/agency to recommend?

How much would it cost approximately?

Thanks

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    • question trip tibet

by hiramabif Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Hello everybody,

I would like to make a journey to Tibet.
      End July, early August
      Including the following destinations:
      1) Lhasa
      2) Gyantse
      3) Shigatse
      4) Lake Namtso
      (and possibly optionally Yarlung Grand Canyon and, who knows, Everest)
      I had in mind a journey 14-17 days.
      Single person hotel / pension...
      So: organised or otherwise? ... Better join a group or try to travel independently by bus?
      (of course, I know about the permit issue)
      Anyway, I am looking for possibilities / packages / whatever....

Now, I had expected that the 'single' factor might pose a problem (as it always does),
      but apparently, also a fortnight trip to those 4 locations, appears a rare combination by itself.... to my great astonishment....

Anyone, any ideas or tips?

Thanks !

Jo

6 Answers Jun 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Lhasa- Southwest China

by ChioQuiroz Online Now May 20, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi

I'm starting to plan my trip to China and want to know how what's the best way to get to Lhasa from USA.
      Also, by reading a book it says that the no independent travel is allowed for foreigners in Tibet. What are your thoughts on that?
      Thank you and good travels to everyone.

Adriana

9 Answers Jun 1, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    • Tibet for Vegetarians...

by Mark0820 Online Now May 10, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Hi all,

I'd like to take my 67 year old father to Lhasa and surrounding area (perhaps even up to the Everest Base Camp). Will we have any problems finding food to satiate his vegetarian diet?

Mark
      Vancouver B.C.

2 Answers May 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Lhasa first time

by balramdass Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Hi All
      We are both 55 (husband and wife) and like to go to Lhasa. We are of Indian origin but living in uk with british passports.
      Can some please tell us thw best options with best way to get there and most economical and the leangth of time we should go for?
      all help appreciated

Bal and Rani

6 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • cyngo's Profile Photo

Lhasa in October 2011

by cyngo Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I will traveling alone to Lhasa this fall and was wondering if anyone had any information about easy treks with accomodations offered by local companies that can be booked off the internet. I am looking to trek for five or six days of my 2 week stay.
      Any suggestions of any kind will be welcome, as well as information from anyone traveling at the same time.

7 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    • Lhasa transportation from the train station

by mlm13 Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking to go to Lhasa in July, and was wondering if anyone knew if it were still possible to take a taxi from the train station to the city center. I've heard buses were off limits to foreigners-but are taxis?
      Also, if I have a travel permit and everything, is it ok to go to the sites without a guide? Or is it possible to hire one for a couple hours?
      Thanks! Any information would be greatly appreciated!
      Melissa

3 Answers Oct 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    • sotschi's Profile Photo

Trip to Tibet - Worried about High Altitude Sickness - Rain in July and August

by sotschi Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Hi there!

I am thinking about a trip to Tibet this year with Gap Adventures. The trip takes the 48 hrs trainride to Lhasa and then stays for 3 days in Lhasa before going to higher places.
      Will these 3 days plus the train ride be enough time to cope with the altidude?

Has anybody done this trip and can give any advices or tell me about the experiences?

How worse is the rain in end of July, beginning of August?

Thanks for your help!

Britta

14 Answers May 18, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    • business verification

by hotel_detective Online Now May 30, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Hello,
      Does anyone know a web site where a business based in Lhasa could be verified? I have tried probing the web but leads take me nowhere or to Chinese-only sites. I have left messages with few China-US business relation sites, but no response so far. I have the business' name, address and registration number.
      I would appreciate any leads.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    • Lhasa for 8 days 7 nights

by erica99 Online Now May 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Hi, need help and advice. My friend and I would like to go Lhasa in Jul. If anyone can recommend the itinerary for 8 days 7 nights for 2 ladies? Meantime, i would like to check can we have the free and easy mode to Lhasa? I means booking my own hotel and looking the transport when we there? I thank you for your kind assistance.

4 Answers Jun 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • 2004me's Profile Photo

India to Lhasa

by 2004me Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 3:49 AM

How to get a Tibet visa from NewDilli for SriLankans? We have all redy Ukraine visa and we plan to travel by Trans Siberian Train.Is thair any possibilities?

2 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • james1973bruce's Profile Photo

Train or extra day in lhasa ?

by james1973bruce Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 3:05 AM

All is the train worth taking the 24 hours to lhasa - it does look cool.. or is it really not worth it.. cumfort - hastle factor etc.. i can get 1 extra day in lhasa meaning 2.5 days or 1.5 in lhasa and take the train..

personnaly i really fancy the train but not sure if it is worth it..

6 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 4:31 AM
    • james1973bruce's Profile Photo

Limited time - train trip and return flight worth it to see limited tibet or not

by james1973bruce Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 8:11 AM

dear all,

I have limited holiday left after other booked holidays from my assignment in china..but i've heard about the train to tibet.. it sounds cool is it worth taking the train one way and a flight back.

i can only take 2 days off plus a weekend so i dont know if i have time.. i really wanted to go to base camp everest.. but dont think i have time.. i dont really spend ages seeing stuff just experiencing the atmosphere is enough for me..

any advice would be really appreciated..

James

4 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 3:55 AM
    • travel route to mt Everest Base Camp

by elmejorider Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Hi,

This is my first time wit VT, i m planning to travel to EBS in april or may from india.
      I am planning to make this trip by road. I wanted to know if it is possible in if YES wats the best route to follow and wat documentation will b required to do so. i m travelling wit 3 of my friends. also wat would b the basic things to carry when travelling by to EBC. I would b very thankful if i get answer to my question so i can decide to make the trip or not.

THANKS A LOT ..... :)

1 Answer Mar 12, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    • tanguero45's Profile Photo

Overland travel to Kathmandu

by tanguero45 Online Now Oct 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hi All,

Some buddies and I were planning to make an overland trip from Lhasa to Kathmandu, taking side trips to various spots including Everest Base camp. We were planning to do this ourselves, but everything I've read to date seems to indicate that a guide would make things really easy. The only problem I have with this is that we are a bunch of very independent travelers who do not like sticking to a schedule. Any bits of advice on the beat routes, when and how to get the Tibet travel visa and where would we obtain the permit to hit Everest Base camp?

Thanks in advance

7 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

weather

by ohaiyo Online Now Aug 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone,

What is the weather like from mid to late September around the Lhasa area and the base camp of Mt. Everest?

Would it be cold at night?

6 Answers Aug 31, 2009 at 1:47 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

5-day Lhasa & Namtso Lake

by anoum Online Now Aug 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I am interested in spending two days in Lhasa (day 1 &4) and then make a trip to Namtso Lake,departing for Chengdu on day 5.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent with Tibetan guide? I read that it is necessary to book a package tour in order to get into Tibet.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    • Lhasa to Kathmandu

by Anna2510 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

we are planning a trip from Chendgu to Lhasa and then on to Kathmandu in September. We want to take the train from Chengdu to Lhasa. What is the best way to get tickets for the train?
      Once in Tibet we want to stay in Lhasa for 3-4 days and then travel to Kathmandu via Gyanstse, Shigatse, E.B.C.,etc. More or less the standard tour offered by the travel agents. So far we are only 2 people, but still looking for someone to join. Does anyone have an indication about how much a tour like this will cost?
      Further I am looking for a hostel recommendation in Lhasa??
      Does anyone know what the weather is like at the end of September/beginning of October?

Thanks a lot!

Anna

4 Answers Aug 26, 2009 at 12:09 AM
    • Lhasa to Kathmandu overland

by Andsma Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Does anyone out there know of a cheap way to get from Lhasa in Tibet to Kathmandu in Nepal overland around the end of April 2010?
      I`ve searched a lot of travelagents as it seems we have to join a tour to leagally make this journey. But it looks as they all cost a bit to much(around 1000$- 1500$ pr person) for a budget traveler. I found cheaper options (400$-500$), but they all go the wrong way
      Sofar i havent found any information on any of them going back for the same price. Does anyone know? Or know of any agencies that have "cheap" offers "the right way" (Lhasa- Kathmandu)?
      If you have made this trip yourself I`d really like to hear from you aswell.
      This would be the 2nd last leg of our 20 week Asian tour,(the last being from Kathmandu to Mumbai) so would be sad to change plans because of this, it would mean a wery long and expencive detour as we will start and end our tour in Mumbai.

We could fly, but i would really like to travel across the Himalayas on the ground, to se the nature in all its glory. Kind of the point in going there in the first place.

Or would it just be best to forget all about it an consentrate on the southeast and eastern parts of China (HongKong area, Shanghai, Beijing)
      If so, is it possible to travel overland from Myanmar(Burma) to India\Bangladesh, i know it is "impossible" the other way round

4 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    • Online Group Tour

by LANevins Online Now Aug 2, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I am looking to book a group tour in late September and have been communicating with discovertibettour.com. Does anyone know about this online site or can anyone recommend a site to book with? Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2009 at 3:17 AM
    • Xi-an to Lhasa and on to Khatmandu

by Burgarm Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Hi I am interesting in training from Xi-an to Lhasa. I hope to hang around Lhasa for a few days, looking around the city, get used the to altitude, that sort of thing. Then I want to head up on a tour of some of the sites in the region, 4-5 days, eventually ending at the Nepal border where I would catch a bus to Khatmandu. Seems simple enough right?

Questions:

1. Is it difficult to get a train ticket from Xi-an to Lhasa? (someone mentioned on another thread that it was)

2. I want to avoid paying for a tour guide while in Lhasa city to help cut the costs of the whole experience, is this possible? Is it advisable?

3. What will the cost of the 4-5 days tour/vehicle and driver cost to the Nepal border? And should I just book this VIA the message boards in Lhasa?

4. Is the trip from the Nepal border to Khatmandu a viable option?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    • Urgent! Lhasa-Katmandu

by patriciapt Online Now Jul 24, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Hello!

Can any one tell me if there is any way to Lhasa-Katmandu or the other way around overland that doesn´t include a tour? Any kind of public transportation maybe... Meaning leaving in any date and spending less time and money.

If so how many days would it take?

And by air which would be the company with the best airfares?

Thanks a lot!
      Patricia

1 Answer Jul 24, 2009 at 10:08 PM