Lewes Travel Answers

change location

relocating to Lewes or Rehoboth

by carni Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I am a divorced mother of 2 grown children and I'm thinking of moving to Sussex County, Del preferably Lewes or Rehoboth Beach area. Presently I reside in Northern NJ and work as a teacher at a public high school. I'm wondering how affordable a 4 bedroom/2 - 3 baths house would be? Two friends of mine are considering relocating also because Delaware seems more affordable and we love the beaches in Del. How is the job market in Sussex County? Which town in Sussex has the better middle and high schools? One of my friends will be transferring her children to the Delaware school system. Is Lewes racially diverse? Are there good private schools if the public schools are not adequate? Also what area is nice for 3 women with 2 kids (middle & high school) that would be convenient to the beach area? We would prefer a house but would consider a condo. One of the kids also wants to attend the University of Delaware in 2008 so we would qualify for instate tuition. I've only vacationed in the area twice but all of us loved the area and it seems more affordable than Bergen County. Please tell me all you know about Lewes and neighboring towns. I'm planning to relocate in April 2007. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: relocating to Lewes or Rehoboth

by rustamping Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I have only been to Rehoboth Beach once... three years ago... I too live in northern NJ, Denville. I love Denville, but my kids (twins) are going to graduate in 10 and I am starting to hate the winter here...
    We have good friends here, but nothing keeping us... Colleges are less expensive there!
    Maybe we could speak about it...
    my cell is 973 563 0354

Good luck in Decisions...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines