Travel Answers
Levanto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• manhtuank8's Profile Photo

Genoa / San Remo (Italy) or Nice (France)

San Remo Apr 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Hi friends,

In September, my gangs and i will have a short trip to Italy and France. We are changing one of our destination from Turin to Genoa / San Remo or Nice.

Please advise me that between

- Sanremo with a stop at Genoa en route transferring from Florence

- or Nice with a stop at Monte Carlo en route

which one is better for foods, sight, and value (we have tight budget)?

Thanks in advance

Tuan

more
    • trains to Florence

La Spezia Apr 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there earlier trains to Florence from La Spezia. The earliest one I can find departs at 8pm

more
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful hotel

Chiavari Mar 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

We are looking for a hotel in Chiavari for one night in October. For 3 adults. OR an apartment? near the train station if possible. OR seeing we are taking the regional train from Milan........where would you stop for an overnight (having just flown into Italy) en route to Chiavari. thanks!

more
    • luggage hold la spezia

La Spezia Mar 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Is there a luggage hold in La Spezia where they can hold my luggage for a day?

more
    • Savona centre from costa cruise ship

Savona Apr 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi everybody, we're a family of 4 and would like to do a walking tour of Savona from cruise ship, please come with some good ideas, thx:)

more
    • Where can I learn italian language in this region?

San Remo Mar 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Hi guys

I am going soon for a short trip in Italy and I'll stay a few days in Liguria (Genova's region).

I am wondering if one of you guys had experience in italian school for foreigners there!

thanks

Jp

more
    • Ferry trip in CT

Corniglia Apr 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM

How long does the ferry trip take from La Spezia to last of the villages? We thought we could take the ferry up & then use the train back to Corniglia, where we have a booking for 2 nights. Also where do we look for a ferry timetable?
      Thanks.

more
    • free walking trail maps

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

where or how can I get free walking trail maps for walks out of santa margherita ligure

more
    • Train to Milan

Monterosso al Mare Mar 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Is there a morning train from Monterosso to Milan? We have a 4pm flight to Germany to catch

more
    • APARTMENTS IN SANTA MARGHARITA

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM

HOW DO I FIND A MONTHLY RENTAL APARTMENT FOR ONE, NEAR THE BUS STOP AND THE MARINA. WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE?

more
    • least challenging walk from train to one of the villages

Monterosso al Mare Apr 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have an 80 year grandfather who wants to walk from the train down to one of the villages. Which village has the least challenging walk from Train to village?

more
    • Sunday Cinque Terre regional train times

Riomaggiore Apr 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have found the Cinque Terre train time schedule found on cinqueterre.eu.com/en/cinque... and am confused about the times for (Column B) Sunday train times to La Spezia. It looks like there's only one train at 9:00am. Is that possibly true or am I reading the timetable wrong? Does the Cinque Terre regional train run out of Riomaggiore to La Spezia more frequently? I need to get to La Spezia to catch the 8:20am train out to Rome. Can anyone, does anyone have info to assist in my Sunday travel worries?

more
    • Train from Florence to Santa Margherita

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I am wanting to get a train from Florence to Santa Margherita. Is there 1 stop in Pisa and what is the fastest train? Once in Santa Margherita, what is the best/easiest way to get to hotels (centrally)? We will have children with us, so easiest & quickets is best. Also, is there good nightlife in Santa Margherita? Thank you!

more
    • kbr61263's Profile Photo

Walking in Cinque terre and transport around portovenere and bay of poets with disabled daughter

Liguria Apr 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

we are staying close to portovenere next week, my wife and I with disabled daughter. She does not normally use a wheelchair for short journeys, but we have decided to bring her chair with us as she has been having some difficulty recently. She can climb stairs but is quite slow. My plan is to spend perhaps 2 days visiting the 5terre, one day by boatand one day by train. Are any of the walks likely to be suitable with a wheelchair? She can climb a few flights of stairs or small groups now and again whilst I can carry the chair up, but we couldnt manage hundreds.

We have 4 or 5 days in the area, my plan would be to do the islands off portovenere on one day and the bay of poets (by bus) the other. does this seem a reasonable plan? any suggestions to make getting about easier? I am assuming a hire car is more trouble than its worth.

I would like to be in 5terre for sunset at least one evening, how frequent are busses trains in the evening to get back to portovenere (le grazie).

There appears to be a ferry marked on maps from le grazie to lerici? Any info?

more
    • virtue62's Profile Photo

Travelling from Nice to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Can I please have some ideas??

more
    • Romantic accommodation with sea-view for under 140Eu per night? Possible?

Riomaggiore Apr 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM

We're on a budget but I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend here in CT. So far, we love Monterosso or Vernazza. I'm having a difficult time finding available accommodation for 3 nights (end of this month) for less than 140eu per night. I'd love to find a cute B&B, Vacation Rental or anything with a balcony or rooftop terrace with a sea-view.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have this private and romantic area of ours for me to propose in. :-)

Thanks!

more
    • MissKimT's Profile Photo

Where to Freedive, Cinque Terre

by MissKimT Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Friends,

I am from the US staying in Levanto through Sept 17th. Could anyone here offer tips or best places to go for freediving? Off-shore or by boat. Would like to spearfish but no gun.

I'd like to hunt octopus but no experience. I understand lobster are not legal to collect.

Happy to hire a boat or pay a local to show me the ropes for a half-day.

Grazie!

3 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM
    • Dsurfryder252's Profile Photo

Surfing in Levanto

by Dsurfryder252 Online Now Nov 29, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I am traveling through Europe to surf and plan on hiking the Cinque Terre while im there. I figured id make my home base for about a week in Levanto so I can surf. Leave my boards locked up for a couple days while I explore CT. Anyone surfed there before? Ive seen some fun looking days on youtube. I know its the best spot in that area.

1 Answer Nov 29, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    • things to do in Levanto & environs

by marcmifsud Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I and a friend will be staying in Levanto between 28 and 31 Dec. Our aim is to relax.

Can anyone suggest things to do / an itinerary or guide me in the write direction to research things to do ? We wouldn't mind a guided too either (day trips etc..)

What would the weather likely to be at that time of year ?

Many thanks,
      Marc

5 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    • B&B IN RIDAROLO

by absta99 Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I saw a recommendation for the Ridarolo B&B, but I can't find an email address for them anywhere!!! Can anyone help?
      We are looking for somewhere to stay around May 10th, is it normally very busy then or could we possibly just show up and find a cheap room somewhere?
      Thanks for the help!

4 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    • sararosa's Profile Photo

Any B&B in Levanto?

by sararosa Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I am planning a trip to Levanto, this is last minute planning for the end of Septmmber of this year. I was hoping to find a nice B&B or hotel with a view close to the beach. I am mostly looking for a warm friendly family run establishment with Authentic Italian breakfast. Thank-you for helping.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    • foona's Profile Photo

Purchase the Cinque Terre card in Levanto?

by foona Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Can we purchase the Cinque Terre card at the railway station on Levanto, or is it only sold in the villages?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2009 at 1:30 AM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

Do water-taxis operate from Monterosso to Levanto (September evenings)?

by bettyo70 Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 3:05 PM

In the interest of spending as much time on the sea as possible, I wanted to know if water-taxis (or later ferries) operate at all between Monterosso and Levanto in mid-September?

Does anyone happen to know?

Thank you!

HELP! Is this daytrip to the Cinque Terre from Camogli do-able??

by bettyo70 Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to plan a daytrip from CAMOGLI to the Cinque Terre. Not knowing well the ferry or train schedules, I wanted to know if this plan even sounds do-able:

1) take train from Camogli to LEVANTO in the morning (approx 1 hr);

2) hike the trail from Levanto to MONTEROSSO (approx 2 to 2 1/2 hours via the coastal trail);

3) arrive in Monterosso for lunch and a rest (explore Monterosso at leisurely pace);

4) take ferry from Monterosso to VERNAZZA in the late afternoon;

5) have a nice dinner in Vernazza, watching the sunset;

6) take train back to CAMOGLI in the evening.

Again, I'm not sure how late the trains run from Vernazza to Camogli. (I would hate to be stranded in Vernazza!) Do you think this plan is okay? Thanks!!

7 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM

HELP! Is it possible to find a charming, inexpensive hotel by the sea in Levanto for September?!

by bettyo70 Online Now May 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are 6 adults looking for a charming small-hotel by the sea in Levanto in September. Is this possible?

If not, we may consider renting an apartment. Just hoping someone knows of a great deal.

We would be staying 7 nights. Thanks / Grazie! --Betty

2 Answers May 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    • Accommodation in Levanto

by RodBarry Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 11:13 PM

We are driving to see the Cinque Terre in November...planning to perhaps stay 2 nights in Levanto as the driving from there looks a bit hazardous? We need accommodation in a B&B in Levanto that is close to the train to go to Cinque Terre, has car parking, and hopefully internet access....does anyone know of any? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 20, 2007 at 1:59 AM
    • deldridge's Profile Photo

arriving question

by deldridge Online Now May 26, 2006 at 7:29 AM

We will be arriving in levanto on a saturday and will not meet with the owner of the house we are renting until 5:00 PM.

Question: Is there luggage storage at the train station or preferably are there locking cabanas for rent at any of the beach clubs?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 31, 2006 at 7:50 AM
    • Desperate Housewives

by jacsilversurfer Online Now Apr 2, 2005 at 8:16 PM

Hi there and Help! We have not done our research and now have booked into the only Hotel we can find and book in Levanto, called the Garden Hotel. Has anyone stayed there? If so, is it very far from the train as we will have luggage? We are quite poor and this holiday is so big a deal to us. We will be coming from Paris.PLease share your 5-Terre experiences.....Jackie

3 Answers Apr 3, 2005 at 4:57 PM
    • breaker's Profile Photo

Levanto Accomodation

by breaker Online Now Mar 19, 2003 at 4:00 PM

Hi fellow travellers. We are staying in Levanto in May so we would welcome any tips on where to stay.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2003 at 12:05 AM